Where can I buy good coffee online?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I will gladly point out to those that home roast to pretty much avoid buying green off of Amazon, eBay, etc. If you want quality/fresh green stick with reputable sellers that offer actual arrival dates. I never cared much for Amazon, but really have dropped them like a bad habit thanks to a recent purchase and gladly call them Scamazon these days!

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
That's controlling your customer experience, not freshness.
I get what you are saying. Technically you are right, from the perspective of the seller. From the perspective of the discerning buyer - I got what I want. Reliably. Most every time. What ever it is you are controlling, you have got it under control.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
The challenge with Amazon's fulfillment model is they don't utilize FIFO inventory management. When you ship your product in, they spread across their network of warehouses. Orders are filled by the closest location, not by first in. So you could literally have product 1 week off roast in their warehouses, but if you are not close to that warehouse, who knows what you get. And dont get me started with their ethics... just go watch the PBS Frontline special on Amazon.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
I don't doubt it. I am just saying that regardless of their inventory management - I usually get what I want. And I rarely rarely don't get coffee that is not fresh. Maybe I am the lucky one, or maybe my luck won't last, but I usually get what I want.

Don't get me wrong, I am no Amazon fan boy, I have a few issues with some of the other stuff (not food) I get there, but as far as coffee is concerned, I am happy.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I don't doubt it. I am just saying that regardless of their inventory management - I usually get what I want. And I rarely rarely don't get coffee that is not fresh. Maybe I am the lucky one, or maybe my luck won't last, but I usually get what I want.

Don't get me wrong, I am no Amazon fan boy, I have a few issues with some of the other stuff (not food) I get there, but as far as coffee is concerned, I am happy.
In fairness, I probably look at them more from a seller's perspective and despise their business practices. I'm jaded... LOL