Where can I buy good coffee online?

riverbill

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
I'll recommend Maxi Coffee for EU nationals. They're based in France. Doesn't seem like they've localized their site so use Chrome for translating the page if not. Shipping prices are available by selecting the country flag in the upper right. Good company with frequent new beans and a good consistent bunch of staples. I've ordered from them for the past 3 years.

I'm curious. How (why) did you create a logo that has a palm tree coming out of a hand? It's unusual, but it's also creepy enough to deter me from considering buying coffee from you.

~ Rose

Hi PinkRose, thank you for your input.

We created the logo to grab attention, there is a sea of specialty roasters, we need it to create a splash.
We wanted it to elicit an emotional response, which is clearly doing, even if its negative with you,
the overall consensus so far is much more positive.
We created the logo for meaning, we have a palm and a palm of a hand, pun intended.
Lastly, we created the logo to be memorable, which I'm sure it is if we are talking about it.

I'm surprised such thing would "deter" you from buying the coffee but oh well, can't win them all.

SeanWang

Jun 27, 2020
Visit site
12 years past after the poster type the topic, everything changes during these years, you can almost everything online now, just like the barista needn't make latte art, the cinoart latte art printer help him to make the art on coffee.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi PinkRose, thank you for your input.

We created the logo to grab attention, there is a sea of specialty roasters, we need it to create a splash.
We wanted it to elicit an emotional response, which is clearly doing, even if its negative with you,
the overall consensus so far is much more positive.
We created the logo for meaning, we have a palm and a palm of a hand, pun intended.
Lastly, we created the logo to be memorable, which I'm sure it is if we are talking about it.

I'm surprised such thing would "deter" you from buying the coffee but oh well, can't win them all.

I'm thinking you probably would have received a more favorable emotional response to your logo if the palm of the hand was lovingly wrapped around the palm tree - instead of it being impaled by it.

Seriously though, I really wouldn't buy the coffee - simply because the logo on the bag would annoy me to no end.

It's true, you can't win them all.

I'm thinking you probably would have received a more favorable emotional response to your logo if the palm of the hand was lovingly wrapped around the palm tree - instead of it being impaled by it.

We tried that, didn't like it.

Thanks again, luckily for you there is a plethora of roasters with logos "less offensive" to you, and luckily for us, there are tons
of customers who like the logo, but most importantly, like the coffee.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
We tried that, didn't like it.

Thanks again, luckily for you there is a plethora of roasters with logos "less offensive" to you, and luckily for us, there are tons
of customers who like the logo, but most importantly, like the coffee.

Oh well, at least the logo doesn't show any red blood squirting out all over the place.

I'm glad there are tons of people who like the logo, as well as the coffee. That's what really counts.

~ Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I have seen loads of old traditional tattoos of hands with something going through it. Your logo wouldn't deter me from buying. At almost $28 a lbs (included shipping) would probably deter me. Please do not take offense to that. Just out of curiosity what size roaster are you using?

I have seen loads of old traditional tattoos of hands with something going through it. Your logo wouldn't deter me from buying. At almost $28 a lbs (included shipping) would probably deter me. Please do not take offense to that. Just out of curiosity what size roaster are you using?

Hi Topher,

Thank you very much for your feedback. The problem is really the shipping cost, this is one of the issues we set
out to solve. Some of my favorite roasters charge up to $16/bag for shipping so we thought keeping it at $5 was the best
compromise. We might explore offering a 2lb or 3lb bag which would bring down the average lb cost down.

The average cost of a 12 oz retail bag at a coffee shop in the majority of states we have been to recently is around $20,
we come in a little higher than that for the benefit of not having to leave your house. Thanks again for your input though,
it is much appreciated.

We are using a 10lb Artisan Xe

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I get it shipping is a killer. I drop ship for a buddy of mine. He ships me labels every 3 or 4 months. He sends me orders and shipping labels when orders come in. He was concerned when he first started. He said when he sells one bag he makes a few pennies but when he sells 2 bags he makes his money. That being said. I assume you are using the same business model as him? If you want you can pm me any questions. Just to make sure you are getting a fair shake price wise. Then again I might be way off...its just i didn't see anything on your site or social media about you roasting. As for the majority of coffee shops charging 20 bux for 12 oz...I just do not see that as a sustainable business.

zaidasghar

Sep 17, 2020
Visit site
If you want fresh coffee, roast your own. You can buy green beans online also. Visit my site.
When I buy my coffee, I go for the real gourmet stuff. The good stuff. Because I want to taste it. That’s why hitting the super market and heading for the bean isle just doesn’t suffice anymore. No offense to the big brands of the world, or those that drink them, but I don’t want Starbucks brand coffee.
https://bestbuyerguides.com/best-nespresso-capsules-for-lattes