where do you buy your green beans online?

Dale

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I have seen some topics like this before but have never seen these sites mentioned as to where people go for there green beans...

I have had good luck with these sites in the past and thought I would share with you all.

Where do you get your green beans from?

Do these sites I mentioned look like they offer quality beans and a fair price?

www.burmancoffee.com

www.uroastem.com

www.coffeebeancorral.com

thanks for your suggestions and opinions.

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
dale you don't mention the sort of quantities you want to purchase.....is it a few pounds at a time for home use, or is it 79kkg sacks for commercial roasting?

This would make a bit of a difference where you go to buy them

Dale

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
at the moment I am buying 3 to 5 lbs of different coffees. I usually order about 30 lbs total. but I also may want to buy a large amount of one bean and sell it on the side like a 20lbs sack. I am just a home roaster and have people buy coffee from me 1 lb at a time on a weekly basis. Word has got around I roast good coffee.

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
I think you will need much larger quantities if your going to buy from wholesalers like Interamerican etc...Minimum purchase is usually 1 sack and they come in 50 60 or 69kg sacks depending on the country of origin.

When I do a Coffeetime Greens Club (non profit) order in the UK, I usually order around 600 to 700kg of coffee, sometimes up to 1 metric ton. Ordering just 1 sack is not usually cost effective.

You could try to find a local roaster and see if you can add a bag or two to his purchase, or see if he will split a sack with you (probably not worth his trouble).

MrMcCoffee

Feb 13, 2008
Visit site
Personal Favorite

I buy from a roaster in Florida that I found on eBay. They are wonderful. I made a post about them a couple days ago but it hasn’t shown up yet. They are called Cacophony Café and Roastery. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! Let me know if anyone else has tried them.

They don’t have green beans listed on the store site but I emailed the owner and she responded very quickly. Basically she said she would send whatever I wanted.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cacophony-Cafe-and-Roastery

frappelina

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
coffee

i could say that coffee is great!!!! though there are some who doesnt really agree with me, but there are also others who cant live without coffee... man cant wait to see those people then they age about 45 or above, cant imagine how shaky they get...lol :-D

lamastus

Sep 27, 2005
Visit site
Re: Personal Favorite

MrMcCoffee said:
I buy from a roaster in Florida that I found on eBay. They are wonderful. I made a post about them a couple days ago but it hasn’t shown up yet. They are called Cacophony Café and Roastery. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! Let me know if anyone else has tried them.

They don’t have green beans listed on the store site but I emailed the owner and she responded very quickly. Basically she said she would send whatever I wanted.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cacophony-Cafe-and-Roastery
Their prices are way too high, shipping is $9.95...That puts you at around 30 for 2 lbs of coffee...

Pat

Guatemalan Select

Apr 9, 2008
Guatemala
Visit site
Taste tester wanted

I will be in the states soon and am wanting to get some opinions about the coffee that I am getting ready to sell/import. Would anyone be willing to taste test my Guatemalan, roasted, ground, vacuumed packed coffee. I will send out by mail to you if interested.

I will break open a couple of pounds and send out half pounds free, but, I need a commitment that you will write down and send me your review. Hope to hear from at least four people soon.

Jon Hutton