Where to find coffee shop offering Clover?

LoveJava

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

The Economist ran an article in this week's magazine that featured the Clover machine for making coffee, and my husband and I would like to find a place that offers it either in Chicago within a 2 hour drive to give it a try. Any ideas on a place or a good way to find a shop? I tried Googling it but got back hits on the equipment itself.

Thanks!

LoveJava

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
OK, so I was a bit hasty it seems in posting - on the Clover website they actually have a map of where there's one. Not surprisingly, Intelligentsia in Chicago has one.

Dale

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
still looking for a CLOVER

There is a coffee shop/roaster in Columbus Ohio calles Stauffs on Grandview rd. they have a clover and you can pick from any type of bean or tea and they will brew you a cup. bring your own bean if you have a favorite sometmes they dont always have a great selection of roasted beans sometimes they sellout fast of whats been roasted... When I went in there for the first time the guy explained the machine to me and asked if I wanted to try a cup and took him up on his offer that ended up being a good coffee... costa rican dota is what I chose that day. I was new to coffee roasting and the better coffees out there at the time and thought the guy was kinda weird and a coffee nerd and was like yah right you cant do all that with this machine So I kept going back he he prepared the same coffee differnt ways for me each time.. I was really impressed and now have become somewhat of a coffee nerd but not to the full extent that some people go to...

Staufs Coffee Roasters
1277 Grandview Avenue
Columbus, OH 43212

614-486-4861

Sorry there website is under construction

GreenDude

Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Kind of late and off topic, but what are everyones thoughts on drinking coffee from the clover?

I had my first cup from a clover at Intelly in Los Angeles a couple months ago. WOW! If only *bux hadnt bought them out, and they didnt cost $20K. I had it poured into a ceramic mug which cooled relatively fast (under 2 minutes) but good none the less. Oh and the $5.00 / cup price was almost worth it.

However, I do make one hell of a Press Pot that rivals it :p

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Clover = overrated

Had it twice. CoE coffees at a very respectable place in the PNW. Not impressed.
Better coffee from Press and Vac Pot easily. For 10K+ I would expect easier control of the precision and something phenomenal. It was smooth, great body and had no off flavors. But there was no "WOW" factor. I'd pass if someone gave me one.

AdamMY

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
John P said:
Clover = overrated

Had it twice. CoE coffees at a very respectable place in the PNW. Not impressed.
Better coffee from Press and Vac Pot easily. For 10K+ I would expect easier control of the precision and something phenomenal. It was smooth, great body and had no off flavors. But there was no "WOW" factor. I'd pass if someone gave me one.

If "pass" means you'd give the machine away, I'll gladly take one off your hands should someone give you one. But I assume pass means you'd rather have the money for the machine, in which case don't we all. I'm actually really interested in trying coffee from a clover.

But at the same time I'm not sure how the machine can really cost 10K+, is it assembled by hand? Or are you really just paying for the Standford brainpower?