Where to find cups and saucers?

Hideaway

Mar 20, 2007
Visit site
I am starting up a coffeehouse and I am having trouble finding matching cups and saucers. I just can''t seem to find anything without having to order them from China! I am looking for a round flared cup (wide-mouthed) and saucer in 4, 12, 16, and 20 oz sizes. I was looking for just white, but as my search continued, it got me thinking about maybe a light blue-green color. Any help on this would be very helpful. Thanks y''all.

Jackson

Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
Visit site
If you do not wish to continuously purchase china, you will need to buy restaurant grade. It is very expensive compared to regular china from say, Target. If you are buying your equipment from a restaurant supply house, you will be able to purchase all your china from the same place. If you are buying your equipment from your bean supplier, you could look on-line or call your closest Sysco house or US Foods.
As long as you do not care about matching all your china, you could attend one or two used equipment auctions and save $$$$.
BTW, how are you going to store four different sized mugs in the barista station? Most coffee houses store all the mugs on top of the espresso machine to keep them warm.

Hideaway

Mar 20, 2007
Visit site
I have looked at a number of restaurant supply stores and have found plenty of cups and saucers, but they are all awkward sizes or do not come in multiple sizes. Where have other owners bought their coffee cups from?
Would it be more efficient cost-wise to take the hit and buy the restaurant grade china, or to simply continue replacing cups as needed?
To answer your storage question, I plan to keep 3 of each cup on top of the machine and keep the rest beside it on the counter, switching them out as they are used. I will, of course, have extras boxed in the back.

Jackson

Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I do not recommend buying anything that is not restaurant grade. If you are using a three compartment sink to wash dishes, cheap mugs will break, (in the water). Most sinks are deep enough that cheap china will get abused while washing. This is not a cost issue to worry about as much as a safety issue for the person washing dishes.

If you are looking for equipment suppliers, pm me, I will give you a small list to work with.

Hideaway

Mar 20, 2007
Visit site
Thank you so much for you suggested website. They were exactly what I was looking for! If anyone else has suggestions, please post them as well!

latinboy1976

Mar 24, 2007
Seattle
Visit site
Matt you are a G-d send! These links are going to be quite helpful to me this afternoon since I am pricing equipment and what not this afternoon. Thanks again for the links and see ya this fall.