Which blender to buy for iced drinks?

BaklaJava

Oct 11, 2005
Pawling, NY
Visit site
Please help me choose - Vita-Mix Bar Boss? Blending Station? Maximum Performance of either? Or another brand? Thanks so much! The electrician is waiting to hear what I'm putting on the counter so he can configure the outlet! (Also waiting to hear about regular coffee brewing system and grinders) --
STRESSED OUT Betsy

georgiacoffeelady

Jul 3, 2005
Gainesville, GA
Visit site
My experience with blenders as been that Vita Mix is the superior blender, now they have several types of blenders as you have noted. Not sure what the Vita Mix Bar Boss is, but if it has a timer and no sound enclosure we call it a MP Blender w/ timer. Then their is the MP Blending station and also the T&G2 Blending Station. I would chose one or the other based on price and nothing else. They both have sound enclosure and are digital and they both blend great. Make sure you get two jars. Not trying to sway you, but their are companies out their that will sell the blenders at a great price and you get free products, plus two jars. If you are not getting this offer, then e-mail me personally and I will direct you to one that has this offer.

The blend tec is also a great blender and the prices are very similiar. If this company is only going to give you one jar with the Vita Mix and two with the Blend Tec and you want to continue to purchase your blender from them, then I would go with the one that has a sound enclosure called the Smoother and get the two jars.

Two jars really come in handy, especially when you are busy and need to make a fruit smoothie and then turn around and make a frozen coffee drink, saves you time from having to wash out the jar each time.

I am pretty sure most of the blenders will fit a 110 outlet.

Hope you find this helpful!!

beefybean

Sep 20, 2005
Austin, TX therabouts
Visit site
Another thing I have been informed of is that if your motor burns out during warranty, you have to remove it and sent it into Vitamix. Blendtec will send a motor out, then allow you to exchange. Saves a couple of days downtime, if you don't have a backup.

Both Blendtec and Vitamix receive high marks in discussios that I have. Personally I would go with a sound enclosure no matter what you get. Both offer these and both seem to make fine products. With the extra jar that blendtec provides as standard, you are saving over $100 there alone.

Vita Mix

I love the vita mix- It has thermal overload protection ctk. That saves the motor from frying under stress ( yes I have had it happen) :) lot of smoothines in Luly heat.....2 hours of continouse operation.. I still use that blender in one of my latte stands.

beefybean

Sep 20, 2005
Austin, TX therabouts
Visit site
Coffeelady,
I thing that it's best if you're up front about being in sales for Stockton Graham. From your postings you might be a shop owner, but from your profile you are not. SG may have great prices, but play it straight.

georgiacoffeelady

Jul 3, 2005
Gainesville, GA
Visit site
beefybean,

I have only tried to be informative and appologize if I have offended anyone, but when I saw the blender price for a Touch n Go2 at $925 on www.espressoonline.com I was shocked! I felt it necessary to inform this post that their are companies out their that are selling the same blender for a lot less, whether you purchase anything from Stockton Graham & Co. is up to the buyer, but I thought the reference would help someone save some money. I think everyone can agree we could all save a few dollars!

I have my personal opinions and my favorite products, but I feel I have not tried to sway any one on this forum, I have only tried to help! Again, if this post or previous posts offend you or you feel I am being bias, I am sorry, just realize that I am a Sales Rep. for a Coffee Roaster.

CafeIzzy

Nov 17, 2005
Georgia
Visit site
I must be way behind or really cheap... I've used an oster w/two speeds (commercial grade) from wal-mart for $60 for two years & have had no problems, love it & occasionally only have to replace the blades. I love to save $$.

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
Free Blender

Guys - one vita-mix with two pitchers is all you need, my have been going for 4 years non-stop. I got them free with a program through my smoothie provider. I paid for the blender and got enough free product on my first order to pay for it.

Jim