Which brand of coffee is the Rolls Royce of all coffee?

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I'm not into the hype of roasting your own.

I'd ignore your post if you said you're not into roasting your own, but since you used the word 'hype' in regard to roasting your own, I'm assuming you're whacky. But then again, if your need for coffee is satisfied by DD and 7-11, there is no need to start roasting and enjoying good coffee.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd ignore your post if you said you're not into roasting your own, but since you used the word 'hype' in regard to roasting your own, I'm assuming you're whacky. But then again, if your need for coffee is satisfied by DD and 7-11, there is no need to start roasting and enjoying good coffee.

Back in the day, people roasted their own coffee. Then along comes Arbuckles, and suddenly people got a taste of good coffee roasted by someone who knew what the heck they were doing. THEN the coffee wars began, and the greed set in, and the game became a way to convince the consumer that one coffee could yield more cups of coffee than the next...to the point the only coffee available was piss poor, and barely tolerable. The word "hype" is tossed around a lot by people who don't fully appreciate the reasons why people love good coffee, and is used by daka in this case because all he knows is coffee that's been roasted for him. Probably hasn't really gotten out to sample coffee other than Starbucks in terms of specialty coffee, and if he has, he just doesn't notice a difference. Daka also says he grinds a three day supply of beans in advance. Daka is happy with his coffee regardless of what he thinks of what we consider to be good coffee. I don't know why daka is on a website devoted to coffee, but I get the feeling that he is stalking us as per his comment "always lurking"...just sayin'...

jeffp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
The best coffee

Even though I live in California, the best coffee I've ever had is my own! I grow my own coffee in a greenhouse vacuum chamber to simulate the altitude of coffee fields in Colombia. Within this chamber are just two coffee plants from choice seeds I purchased from a dealer in Bogota. I have sunlamps situated on rails to simulate the movement of the sun (both in altitude and intensity) in the choicest coffee growing region of Columbia to mimic the sun’s nurturing of these select plants. When they have grown to full maturity, I harvest the beans, process them, dry them, mill them, roast them, grind them and (my favorite part) brew them. Man, I’ll tell you…..you’ve never had coffee like this. Exquisite!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Even though I live in California, the best coffee I've ever had is my own! I grow my own coffee in a greenhouse vacuum chamber to simulate the altitude of coffee fields in Colombia. Within this chamber are just two coffee plants from choice seeds I purchased from a dealer in Bogota. I have sunlamps situated on rails to simulate the movement of the sun (both in altitude and intensity) in the choicest coffee growing region of Columbia to mimic the sun’s nurturing of these select plants. When they have grown to full maturity, I harvest the beans, process them, dry them, mill them, roast them, grind them and (my favorite part) brew them. Man, I’ll tell you…..you’ve never had coffee like this. Exquisite!

Wow! That is quite an elaborate set-up! How much coffee to you get from your two coffee plants?

It sounds like it's worth the time and effort, and it also sounds like you're totally enjoying it.

Rose

Jehutch118

May 19, 2016
Visit site
It isn't a specific kind of coffee, but I personally like coffee made with a pour over coffee filter. It is a very simple process and at times seemed too good to be true, but I have not been able to find a better way to brew the perfect cup of coffee.

Frihed89

Dec 2, 2007
Copenhagen
Visit site
I'm a US immigrant to Denmark since 1996. I cannot stand the taste of any coffee that is sold here with the possible exception of espresso. Sometime in the 1980s, in the US, I got hooked on French Roast Coffee. Eventually, I found a seller I liked, Cafe Ibis in Logan Utah. After I fled to Denmark, I kept on buying their coffee, but later on they stopped shipping to Europe. I hate Danish coffee with a passion. In supermarkets, here, all of the coffees taste the same...awful. It doesn't matter where it comes it comes from. The beans are roasted into oblivion!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm a US immigrant to Denmark since 1996. I cannot stand the taste of any coffee that is sold here with the possible exception of espresso. Sometime in the 1980s, in the US, I got hooked on French Roast Coffee. Eventually, I found a seller I liked, Cafe Ibis in Logan Utah. After I fled to Denmark, I kept on buying their coffee, but later on they stopped shipping to Europe. I hate Danish coffee with a passion. In supermarkets, here, all of the coffees taste the same...awful. It doesn't matter where it comes it comes from. The beans are roasted into oblivion!

We have a lot of members on this Forum who are from all over the world. Some of them are coffee roasters. Maybe you'd have better luck finding someone on the Forum, who is closer to you and who will be able to ship the roasted coffee to you.