Which brand of coffee is the Rolls Royce of all coffee?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Freezing seems to minimize the staling process, not totally eliminate it. I have used vacuum packed/deep frozen coffee 8-10 weeks out from roast and it was quite good, but I wouldn't push it any further. Keep in mind this is based solely on espresso, which is definitely the most demanding in terms of having fresh coffee.

I find that once coffee is exposed to air I must use it within 3-4 days for maximum benefit, which is why I vacuum pack/freeze the way I do. I even experimented with this on a commercial level with fantastic results.

Most coffees degas within a few days, but this can vary based on storage methods.

stik

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, if you want my advice for a good coffee, try Carraresi Coffee. I am Italian and a friend told me that now they sell it in Australia. A good coffee with a low price for wholesalers.
I hope to be helpful.

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
coffee preference depends on what taste we are actually looking for. so my preference would not be yours. to each his own, i say :)

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
It's all a matter of personal preference.

If I had tons of money, I wouldn't want a Rolls Royce. I don't see what the appeal is.

If I had tons of money, I wouldn't want a Rolex watch. I'd only break it anyway.

And if I had tons of money, I still wouldn't want Kopi Luwak coffee. I definitely don't see what the appeal is!

Rose

essentialwonders

Apr 5, 2007
Akron, Ohio
Visit site
Grade A Type I beans from small estate farmers for a start and a roaster who knows how to roast them, you'll never find good coffee in any large or national brands. Our Catherine Marie's line is on sale this month; you should give it a try.

TENN

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Just as you would not go to McDonald's to find out what good meat is like, you should not go to Dunkin or Starbies to find out what goods coffee is like. Those two chains are to provide the masses with a hot, caffeine and fat laden milk shake in the morning, and that is about all I can say about them in a very positive light.

This is funny, pathetic and very true, all at the same time! You are so right...

Wonder what percentage of people in the Charbucks drive-thru in the morning are actually purchasing regular coffee? Not many, I'd venture to guess..

taaammy

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
A great brand that I love to go to is the Frozen Bean! quality with the right amount of flavoring! check it out at thefrozenbean.com. I was able to get free samples as well.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
some people say that "best coffee is the coffee you like". or some people say JBM, Kona, Luwak, ...etc mostly super expensive coffee are the best.
I used to like 3 to 1 instant coffee.. very very long time ago. (but sometimes, i still use them when I travel and there is no access to any good coffee at all) and i tried out JBM, Kona...etc some are interesting flavors, and some are totally bad (JBM mainly due to bad roasting and too old).

to me, Coffee tasting is an acquired taste by trying out as many different coffees as possible. While doing that, you will find out which flavors, aroma, after taste, cleanness of the coffee you will like the most. No one was born with Rolls Royce coffee taste. I truly believe it is an acquired taste that only belongs to you.
if you ask me what is my rolls royce coffee, i like huehue coffee due to high acidity and very clean after taste with fruity flavor. Also I like Sumatra due to its very earthy flavor. As far as JBM, it is over marketed and way over priced (so as most of all exotic super expensive brands). it is like Supply & Demand. plus Marketing. To me, most of exotic brands can not be considered as RR of coffee just because they are expensive which is not the right measuring stick for judging a great coffee.

derfbwh

Jun 29, 2014
Beverly, MA
Visit site
I recently went on a trip to the West Coast of the States and discovered Blue Bottle Coffee. Their New Orleans Blend is probably the best coffee that I've ever had - so much so that I'm now paying my respects via avatar. :coffee:

daka

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Having tries some of the expensive bean coffees available, I find that I like Dunkin Donuts coffee....Starbucks to me is overpriced burnt "coffee"?. and 7-11 has some descent coffee's.
I'm not into the hype of roasting your own.
I do grind my own DD beans, about 3 days worth at a time and I enjoy it....YMMV
(always lurking)

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Reminds me of this exchange from the movie "My Cousin Vinny":

Trotter
: Alright, alright. Now, Miss Vito, being an expert on general automotive knowledge, can you tell me what would be the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bellaire Chevrolet with a 327 cubic engine and a 4-barrel carburetor.

Vito: It's a bullshit question. Trotter: Does that mean that you can't answer it? Vito: It's a bullshit question. It's impossible to answer.

mycousinvinny41.JPG