Which Coffee do you like most?

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
I also thought this was a forum for everyone, especially the folks who are new to the world of coffee. If you look at the extensive forum subject index, you'll see that it reflects the wide variety of interests and experiences that have always been encouraged on this forum. This is not a forum that's just for the coffee elite . . . .what qualifys a person to be considered "coffee elite" anyway?

Please.... let's all try to avoid slamming, dunking, or squishing the new guys. It's not very nice, and it's not at all professional. We need to remember that we were all new to the world of coffee at one time or another.

If we focus on encouraging and guiding folks to achieve a more "elite" coffee experience, we'll be doing them a huge favor.

Who knows? Maybe with our help and guidance, someone who likes Nescafe today will eventually start exploring the world of coffee and eventually grow to love something like a Tanzanian Peaburry or a Costa Rico Tarrazu.

Rose

I love that Tanzanian Peaberry

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
You know, that is an interesting concept. For a long time I have thought there must be some mileage in a concept cafe that sells a range of espresso blends available for direct consumption by punters (in the cup)- similar to how most bars sell 2,3,5.....10 different beers by the tap! I am sure such places already exist...I just have not come accross one yet. I can imagine going into such a place- where I might like brand A as a straight espresso/doppio... but prefer brand B in a cappcuccino.

Shoot it to me please

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
101835.jpg

My best Coffee I like is fresh coffee from north of Thailand

It From the local highland of sigle origin coffee and roasted by my Friend.He had best house roasting and nice coffee shop

210576.jpg

If you interesting to test best of thai coffee let me know :) :)

Never had coffee from Thailand and I would love to try some of the offer is still available

Tex_Thai

May 17, 2019
Visit site
^^^^^^^^^^
wstsider, are you here in Thailand? I drink Northern Thai coffee, right here near the border between Thailand and Burma, just a few Kms from where the boys were lost in the caves.
It is delicious coffee. I usually make it into an espresso blend though with other beans.
I am in the country outside of Mae Sai, are you around here?
OH, when I look again, I see that you are quoting a post from lekkafe. Lekcafe, are you near me in Mae Sai?

SORRY, didn't know until I looked back that we are responding to a post that is a decade old!!!!!!

God Bless,
Wayne

Last edited:

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
^^^^^^^^^^
wstsider, are you here in Thailand? I drink Northern Thai coffee, right here near the border between Thailand and Burma, just a few Kms from where the boys were lost in the caves.
It is delicious coffee. I usually make it into an espresso blend though with other beans.
I am in the country outside of Mae Sai, are you around here?
OH, when I look again, I see that you are quoting a post from lekkafe. Lekcafe, are you near me in Mae Sai?

SORRY, didn't know until I looked back that we are responding to a post that is a decade old!!!!!!

God Bless,
Wayne

No brother im in california

Dejavu

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
for me i don't care about the name. because the name of the brand isn't crucial to define a graet flavor. I would rather learn about which type of coffee has the most beautiful taste. so if you asked to choose between Arabica and Robusta; I would vote for Arabica.

have a great day

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
hi dejavu, yes, you are correct. arabica is absolutely better than robusta. but in arabica, there are hundreds of different varietals (species) that have very different flavor profiles. gesha, bourbon, caturra, pache, pacamara, maragogype, catuai, ....etc these are some of the most common arabica beans that we are selling and they all do have different quality and flavor profiles.

StrAight Up facts

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
It sounds like we agree.. funny you mention Finca Colombia - I featured them a year or two in my coffee club. This year I'm bringing in my Guat from Huehue / Finca La Maravilla ... patiently waiting on the container :)