Which is best? Blendtec or Vitamix

freetodream

Feb 3, 2006
Mississippi
Visit site
I have searched the forums but cannot really find any definitive opinions on which blender is better overall- Vita-Mix or Blendtec.

I need to go on and purchase, but want to get the better of the two.

Thanks.

ElPugDiablo

Before you buy many smoothie vendors have equipment available as long as you buy their products. You may want to consider that route. As far as Vita-Mix vs. Blendtec, I like Blendtec Smoother, but it's 3 HP motor is a bit of over kill and it is not cheap. Eventually I picked Island Oasis as my vendor and they provided to me their R2 D2 looking blender. When it died, Island Oasis had me tried Hamilton Beach Tempest 91555 blender. It's a very impressive blender if you do up to two 16 oz smoothies at a time. For moderate volume, I think it is a good alternative.

morrisn

Mar 27, 2006
Visit site
Blender

We have been using the Hamilton Beach blenders for over three years with absolutely no problems, very powerfull and priced well

DavesLT

Nov 6, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
You really need to try them side by side, but if you can't, go with the Blendtec as the Vitamix has a terrible vortex action. Blendtecs can be programmed to pulse first to break up the large chunks, and then mix the product to a smoothie consistancy. The Vitamix can't do either. Hamilton Beach is now made in China and the quality is not like the old USA made machines.