Who got a new toy?? I did!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
My ntew pour over station! I went online to price pour over stations and they were anywhere from $300 and up! I showed my maintenance guy pics of the stations I saw online. He surprised me with this shiny new toy! He said that this one is a bit rough and the next ones he makes you will not see the welds. This in total cost only $50! I can't wait to try it out tomorrow!!
35692_406356064434_596689434_4058006_3772118_n.jpg

35692_406356074434_596689434_4058007_3718807_n.jpg

35692_406356079434_596689434_4058008_1123229_n.jpg

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Why PEX? Would look a little on the cheap side if you ask me...

I really appreciate the hand fabricated look that piece offers. Could be lightly polished to really highlight his effort. Beats the crap out of paying 6+ times that. Let us know how it works. Later!

rlauzon

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
You should add some sort of wood handles (instead of the copper pipe handles) and it would have a really cool steampunk look.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
if I added a water faucet I might as well just buy a Fetco, Curtis or Bunn. This is for customers that do not want what you have brewed for your daily brew. Lets say they are not a fan of your house blend but love say Sumatra Mandheling. You can grind it and brew it right in front of them. People love a show...french press is cool but this is a bit more of a show...as to all the modifications that can be done...this is the first one. The next one you will not see the welds..and maybe different colors. Not sure what we have planned but it will be cool...thats just how we roll

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
shadow745 said:
Why PEX? Would look a little on the cheap side if you ask me...

I really appreciate the hand fabricated look that piece offers. Could be lightly polished to really highlight his effort. Beats the crap out of paying 6+ times that. Let us know how it works. Later!

It was a joke!

What you could do if you want to get a nice effect would be sand it all down (that can help with the solder joints showing) and apply some chemicals that would help give you a nice copper Patina finish. I did this with a light I built several years ago and the effect was quite stunning.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
yeah...this was the first the next few will be much more refined...customers are stoked though because I am giving them away...

ElPugDiablo

topher said:
if I added a water faucet I might as well just buy a Fetco, Curtis or Bunn. This is for customers that do not want what you have brewed for your daily brew. Lets say they are not a fan of your house blend but love say Sumatra Mandheling. You can grind it and brew it right in front of them. People love a show...french press is cool but this is a bit more of a show...as to all the modifications that can be done...this is the first one. The next one you will not see the welds..and maybe different colors. Not sure what we have planned but it will be cool...thats just how we roll
I was kidding....Seriously, if you are providing them to customers, you might want to lower the height so cups will fit without too much headroom. Don't know what cone and filter you are planning to suggest to your customers, but some cones do not drip straight down, instead they splatter a good bit of coffee all around the cup.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
after I posted that I figured you where joking :wink: and I am going to go with your suggestion of shorter head room...I want it about an 2 inches above the cup.