Who is this Seattle Coffee Direct?

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Does anyone have a clue who this Seattle Coffee Direct is? Man, we have been getting bad phone calls and flaming emails regarding this company and their business practices for weeks on end. People, please read their website for their phone number. If they are a credible company they will help you solve your problem, but calling and screaming at the wrong company does not help. Fact of the matter is they are not even located in Seattle. They are located somewhere in Illinois. So please do better research before picking up the phone or pounding on your key boards :?

Seattle Coffee Direct

I kind of think their coffee is good, and the only reason I have anything to do with them is because I was a fool who did one of those online surveys. Ok, all they asked for was a few minutes of my time and to pay for shipping.

Now, I have been charged twice $35.00 for two small bags of coffee beans. Now, I am looking for the assholes who have done that. Already cut them off at the bank.

Who are they? Does anyone know?

All I can say is I am REALLY NOT LIKING THIS! But it was my bad . . . .

Zee

Oct 20, 2006
NW Arkansas
Visit site
I'm not in the coffee business but I ran across your forum accidently when I googled Seattle Coffee Direct. I might add that, as of yesterday, I became the recipient of a new coffee grinder and two 12-oz. packages of coffee beans. I have no idea from whence they came or how I acquired such.

After a little research, I've discovered it was a special (somewhere...who knows where) that offered this for $9. Only in doing research did I discover there was a one-time special handling fee of $25. So now we're up to $34 that has apparently been charged to my bank.

Am I going to scream? Oh yeah. I've already instructed my husband when he takes a survey and is offered something special...he should take the time to "click here for details". Now I'll instruct my bank to deny any request from this company and then make use of that 800 number that was provided for my convenience.

I don't give a flip how good their coffee might be.....

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Quick update regarding Seattle Coffee Direct. Some other unhappy customers of theirs sent me a link where you can make your thoughts and comments known. That link is www.ripoffreport.com. I would suggest that you view this site and pass it on to others that may have endured the same fate as you have.

At the same time provide me a a little releif from answering emails and phone calls from those contacting us by mistake... :wink:

stevebrauning

Nov 8, 2006
Visit site
Low down on Seattle Coffee Direct: they hook you with an on-line survey, promise an attractive deal w/ 2 lbs of coffee & a grinder for $9.00, but then charge you a $25.00 "fee", supposedly indicated in small print! I never saw the small print. Anyway, then they keep shipping the coffee each month unless you cancel. You have to call 888-217-2233. Try a couple of times if you don't get satisfaction the first time. Also for good measure I called my credit card company to tell them that I canceled so that Seattle won't be able to charge me again.
Steve

coffeedemon

Nov 28, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Visit site
Reported

These people are definately dishonest, if not outright crooks. The $25.00 processing fee applies to EACH shipment, making this $17.00 a pound for good, but not outstanding coffee.

When I confronted them, they were rude and abrasive and refused to refund my money even if I shipped their stupid product back.

Reported them to the Illinois Attorney General, the California Attorney General, the Federal Trade Commission, the Better Business Bureau AND Ripoff.com

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Great job coffeedemon :D Thanks for your help. I wish more people would take the time to look before they leap. As I mentioned earlier, we've been hit with so many calls and flaming emails about this company, it's almost as though I'm being SPAMMED (No pun intended)...In any case I appreciate your work :wink:

irishpiper

Nov 29, 2006
Visit site
Seattle Coffee Direct

I was charged $34.00 on 10/30, 11/13 and 11/27. By my calculations, thats 3 times in less then a month. I don't give a crap if this coffee has gold chips in it, its not worth a $100.0 a month I was charged. I cancelled my card and I suggest you all do the same with these people. Don't trust that just by calling them, they will cancel it. Its a minor inconvenience but worth it to just cancel the card and have another reissued with a new number

sipper

Dec 3, 2006
Visit site
I got coffee and a grinder thru the survey too. What they've done with me, though, is sent another pkg of coffee less than one week later... and then, yet ANOTHER pkg a few days after that!!! Once I got the 2nd pkg, I called the phone # on the return address and left a message. I received a call back from someone who sounded like she was whispering! I had to listen several times to figure out who the heck the caller was. She said if I had any questions, to call. Well, I had ALREADY asked my question -- "Why am I getting all this coffee?" -- that's why she called back in the first place!
I had NO IDEA about the $25 -- Tomorrow, I'll call my bank (I used a bank card). I have no idea what I'm being charged.
I tried the online Better Business Bureau , but since this BOGUS company has NO WEBSITE, I can't proceed online! Now, I've got to send a complaint thru snail mail. Sounds like I could be BROKE by the time this gets cleared up.
Has anyone gotten their $ back, or has it all been a loss???

sipper

Dec 3, 2006
Visit site
OK, my mistake! They do have a website; the one you just posted. Like one of the previous complainants, I too stumbled upon this company through one of those online "surveys" - I can't believe I actually wasted my time to complete one of those - all for a "free Gillette razor" if you can believe it. I don't think I ever even qualified to receive the razor after all - how pathetic is that?!

Update: I called this company last night and left a message. I told them that I keep receiving product which I did not order, and that I have discovered several complaints about their fraudulent business practices online. I then told them: 1) stop sending me coffee; 2) I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau; 3) they must refund my money once I send them the 2nd and 3rd unopened pkgs; 4) I will be calling my bank Mon. morning to inform them of the situation and to instruct them to block any more payment that this company requests; and 5) please call me back to let me know that they will be complying with my directives, as I would rather settle this matter with them than to have to pursue further action. (I was very firm throughout the message; I included "please" at the end in hopes that they would not stiff me further just to be more treacherous!)

Today I phoned the bank. Luckily, they only tracked payment for the introductory offer, and none for the 2 extra pkgs. They did say however that because I had authorized the company to use my card (a debit card!!! That's trouble!), they could not block any outgoing payments. But they told me this: I need to call the company again and tell them that they are Unauthorized to use my card # for any purchases or further transactions. They said too, to take down the name of the representative, and to note everything they said. Then, after this conversation, if they did in fact use my card # to get paid for more, I could contact the police, and that the bank would help me with some other steps. The magic words, they told me, are "this company is UNAUTHORIZED to use this card # for any purchases or transactions."

I called right away and used that script. The rep was NOT pleasant, but was not outright rude or obnoxious either. After I told her these things she said, "Yes, I do remember your voice message from this morning. We did close your account..." She claims that if I send the 2nd and 3rd pkgs back that they will refund the $. I told her I sure hope so because I'd read online from others that they had made such a promise before but had not followed through. She did not say much, just that, again, if I return the unopened pkgs they would refund my $. I told her that I will do so, and I will be watching my account to be sure that they follow through.

Everyone at work today told me I should call one of those local news stations that investigates scams like this. Not a bad idea - I wonder if others have tried that? The way it looks now, I somehow was not yet billed for some of this merchandise, BUT I still got ripped on that Intro. deal - paid $25 over. (I told the girl on the phone this too. She said nothing.) I told her I'm just going to sacrifice that $34 for the 2 coffee bags and the grinder, just to be done with it. I haven't opened the coffee yet, but have used the grinder.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
WOW! Sipper great job! I hope they take notice and come clean with everyone that is dealing with them. It shouldn't be hard to sell your product if it's good. Especially if you stand behind it 110%. Well l hope things turn out alright for you... :)