Who likes CARS here?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
There is still some time left until the holidays;) and some people are already thinking about them very intensively :) I am thinking about going on vacation with my own car, but I really like to fly and the prospect of getting to my destination relatively quickly discourages me from a several-hour journey.

My holiday destination would be Italy or Croatia. Length 13-14 days, including travel. When driving a car, I would definitely like to cover the road in two sections with accommodation / sightseeing on the way, at least one way. I will try to present the advantages and disadvantages of individual means of transport:

Car:

Pros:
Certainly the ability to move easily, no time limits, division of fuel charges for 4 people, more luggage

Minuses:
Tolls for highways, parking lots, maybe expensive fuel ?, longer journey, possible car breakdown

It's now October 2020, and the number of COVID infections have increased worldwide, instead of getting better. Traveling to another country in the near future isn't a good idea.
Are you located in Ontario? Are there places in Canada that you can drive to - that would be safe and enjoyable?

Juli

Aug 4, 2020
Recently I was thinking about buying a car and realized that I wanted a BMW X1. Small, but BMW. And it is absolutely correct to say in the reviews that "BMW is a breed." The way it is. Still, driving a BMW is more enjoyable than driving a Qashqai, and there is no getting away from it. And it doesn't matter that this is one of the most affordable models of the concern, here, in any case, "all the BMW chips are present." After all, “... tastes differ, yes. But BMW's style is recognizable. "

Last edited:

knoble

Oct 9, 2017
There is still some time left until the holidays;) and some people are already thinking about them very intensively :) I am thinking about going on vacation with my own car, but I really like to fly and the prospect of getting to my destination relatively quickly discourages me from a several-hour journey.

My holiday destination would be Italy or Croatia. Length 13-14 days, including travel. When driving a car, I would definitely like to cover the road in two sections with accommodation / sightseeing on the way, at least one way. I will try to present the advantages and disadvantages of individual means of transport:

Car:

Pros:
Certainly the ability to move easily, no time limits, division of fuel charges for 4 people, more luggage

Minuses:
Tolls for highways, parking lots, maybe expensive fuel ?, longer journey, possible car breakdown

You might want to postpone that for the time-being, the destination you want to visit is on high alert due to covid-19.

Abrahamus

Dec 16, 2020
I love cars, to be honest! It's amazing how a piece of metal can bring many people together. It doesn't matter what car do you have, there will always be somebody that will appreciate it. I remember when I've first bought a car from a place with used cars for sale and my friends were very excited. I've used that car many times to go to different places and do amazing things. Those were the good days. Nowadays each one of us is married and we've all got very good cars. We are still gathering from time to time to admit each other's car and I think that that it's outstanding.

Last edited:

Kattedjiron

Dec 4, 2020
I love cars, to be honest! It's amazing how a piece of metal can bring many people together. It doesn't matter what car do you have, there will always be somebody that will appreciate it. I remember when I've first bought a car from a place with used cars for sale and my friends were very excited. I've used that car many times to go to different places and do amazing things. Those were the good days. Nowadays each one of us is married and we've all got very good cars. We are still gathering from time to time to admit each other's car and I think that that it's outstanding.
I wish someone else could send me his opinion

Choice

Nov 9, 2020
Me me. I haven't bought one yet, but I spend a huge chunk of my time watching videos about different cars on YouTube, reading articles, etc etc. So far I've picked BMW m4 as a goal. It will probably take more than a decade to get it, but I'm patient and hard working. Here you can check the review of BMW m4 new https://carbuzz.com/cars/bmw/m4

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Me me. I haven't bought one yet, but I spend a huge chunk of my time watching videos about different cars on YouTube, reading articles, etc etc. So far I've picked BMW m4 as a goal. It will probably take more than a decade to get it, but I'm patient and hard working. Here you can check the review of BMW m4 new https://carbuzz.com/cars/bmw/m4

I have heard that the last several years BMW in general has had issues with quality control. I suppose every manufacturer goes through phases where they have a tough time with consistent quality. Audi did for years. Now, they seem to be putting out excellent cars that last. The same friend who bought the BMW (7 series) then bought a Cadillac to replace the BMW. Most recently he said he'd never buy another Cadillac for the rest of his life. So he's down on BMW and Cadillac. Even Mercedes went through some quality control issues. I guess the idea is to buy one during a good string of quality. I seem to have gotten that with my Audi A6 3.0T. It's got almost 110,000 miles on it and still going strong (knock on wood). You want a high performance sports car? Just get a Porsche 911. Go used if you have to. They are the true driver's car.

Traphatabow

Dec 23, 2020
As a rule, the car is one of the important attributes in the family. As it is a great help to its owners. But choosing a car is a difficult thing.

Last edited: