Whom do you buy your speciality coffee from?

natalielight

Aug 30, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
I've researched all sorts of places online to see the different types for all the drinks, frozen and hot. :lol: I've been to intelligentsia, Big Train, Jet Tea, and many more. Is there any one place that would be the best to purchase all of my frozen and hot coffees, and teas from? Or do you recommend going to different places for the different coffees and teas?

I'm researching to open up my own coffee house. I basically have no idea what I am doing, which is why I am researching it. I plan to research for a year or more before I actually make a move to open it. I live in a small town where the only place to buy coffee is McDonalds or the gas stations. We have a few coffee houses in the surrounding areas, usually only one in a town, and are overly priced because they have no real competition. I want to have a lovely little shop that is both relaxing and unique.

I get the basics of where I want the location, which is going to be fun to try and get a good location. I am looking at nearby towns as well.

You can basically called me stupid when it comes to coffee but it has been a dream of mine to open up a shop since I was like two... well, you know.

If anyone would want to help me out in anyway and everyway, I would be so grateful. I'm looking for all the help I can get. I am going about this on my own, but my husband will be able to finance our personal means while I get started, but won't be able to finance the shop. That will be my own funding and finding, which will be loads of fun.

I've never made a cup of coffee/espresso in my life. :D I bet you are wondering why I want to start. :shock: Haha, I'm only 22 and this is my dream and you have to get started somewhere, right? I don't want to start up a shop without knowing how to make a good cup of espresso and the different types of coffees out there and I want to know more about the types of coffees that are offered. I have read so much about it, even have my books on different types of coffees. I just need a lot of help, can ya tell? :grin:

Thank you for all the help. Email me if you wanna be my helper! :p

ElPugDiablo

natalielight

Aug 30, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
I'm pretty much in the middle of nowhere. We don't have many roasters at all. I didn't even know about the one in KC but I'll have to go by there. Its quite a drive for a cup of coffee but maybe I can talk my hubby into it. :D

We have a few shops around here, one in Sullivan and one in Rolla, well two in Rolla if you count the one in the college that just started. Never seen it so I don't really know what it's like, I just heard that they opened one up. If its anything like their cafeteria they had when I went there... yuck. Haha.

natalielight

Aug 30, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
sorry forgot your first question.. yes, I LOVE coffee!! I love the smell of it and I love the taste... if I could live inside a coffee house I would... which is why I want to own one! :lol:

I dreamt all night last night about my coffee house and drinking espresso... all sorts of drinks.. hahaha, think I've been spending too much time researching. I work at a slow office and have internet access so I spend pretty much 7 to 8 hours a day researching coffee! 8) can't get enough! I love the forums, they are the best information seekers and answers that I can find...

mcohveca

Aug 21, 2005
PA
Visit site
I agree with Connelly, Sweet Marias has an amazing amount of information on origins, roasts, you name it. I have mentioned them so much that I should work for them! Even if you do not intend to roast your own you should familiarize yourself with their website. You will learn an awful lot about anything coffee.
The best customer is an informed customer!

Good luck,
Alex

www.cohvecacoffee.com