Who's going?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I was wondering who is going to Coffee fest in Chicago? I 99% sure I am going to make the show and also the SCAA show in Long beach..I am stoked..hope to meet some of Y'all at one of these shows...so holla if you're going!

Jackson

Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Hi Topher,
I would love to attend, but I do not know anyone to travel with me. Is this an event that a home roaster would enjoy?? Do I need to be employed by a coffee company to attend?? I would love to learn more about coffee, but I am not sure that I would be welcome, because I do not work in the industry.

ElPugDiablo

Jackson said:
Hi Topher,
I would love to attend, but I do not know anyone to travel with me. Is this an event that a home roaster would enjoy?? Do I need to be employed by a coffee company to attend?? I would love to learn more about coffee, but I am not sure that I would be welcome, because I do not work in the industry.
If you want to learn about coffee then SCAA is better than CoffeeFest. They are both trade show for people in or planning to be in the coffee business. There are "how to" classes, but CoffeeFest is gear toward people looking at the latest products and not really about learning coffee per se.

Jackson

Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! The last time I drove through Chicago, the potholes where so big, I thought they where going to rip the axles right off my car! I will wait until May, and fly to Long Beach.

nateb

Dec 9, 2006
Marinette, WI
Visit site
I plan to go....it's only a few hours away. I'm not in business yet, but plan to be soon. Anyway, it's only a short drive and not too expensive. So I should be there!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
good thing I am not going...I dont do well in 35 degree weather...negative 35 would be the death of me. I am sure my windbreaker ie. winter coat would not cut it!

ABM

Mar 4, 2007
Atlanta
Visit site
Atlanta here, as well!

Considering that I live in the area, I'm extremely excited that CoffeFest will be held here this year!

Who woulda thunk it? :wink: