Why I think the Drip Coffee Brewer is not so bad.

javacentral

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Here's my video version of this if you don't feel like reading (like I do sometimes)

What I feel like it boils down to is

1. Cost. You can, at least in America, buy one pretty much anywhere. What I like about it is that it creates competition and creates a lower cost. That and you can get one from the thrift store for like $1 and it does what it supposed to. Make coffee.

2. Amount you can make. This is a really nice. You can make a huge pot of coffee really fairly quickly for a lot of people. Say you are hung over and you want to make some coffee for you and your buddies. It's just nice to have it all tossed in a machine and make you some tasty coffee goodness while you contemplate why life sucks so much.

3. Easy to use and programable. All you have to do is throw in some coffee, water and a filter, push a button and leave. You could be up really late, program it to make you coffee at 5am and you have your coffee robot make you coffee as soon as you wake up. This I love the most about it.

Now yeah I don't use mine hardly ever because I only make 1 cup a day and my Aeropress makes, in my opinion, better coffee. This is just my thoughts on why I think the drip brew has its place. What do you think about it?

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
The best drip coffeemakers make very good coffee if the other controllable variables are optimized - filtered water, good coffee beans, beans freshly roasted and correctly ground just prior to brewing, correct water:coffee ratio, scrupulous cleanliness. What am I overlooking?