Why Kopi Luwak is so expensive?

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Hype knows no bounds in the world of marketing. (Says the guy with a degree in marketing management and decades of experience in the world of wine.)

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
The coffee that is directly taken from plants is the same coffee eaten by civets since the beans after the civets excreted from the intestine did not change or digested.

When a coffee bean is eaten by any civet then because of the biological process inside the civet stomach that bean gets effected and slightly changed its property. The information you knew is not correct.

That is why many coffee aficionados were fooled about the Kopi Luwak because the beans are still the same beans directly harvested from coffee plants. Kopi Luwak is the same beans directly taken from the coffee plants.

According to recent studies carried out by some group of scientists, it is possible to prove the authenticity of Kopi Luwak. No customer will be fooled. But that practice is not yet implemented so by meanwhile we have to buy Kopi Luwak only from trusted vendors.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
montre: Don't bother trying to make sense out of coffeelover's posts. Most of what is posted from that account makes little or no contribution to threads.

That said, the fact of the matter is that fake civit cat scat beans ARE currently being peddled in the market and civit cats are being abused in order to produce the coffee in question.

hiwud

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
montre: Don't bother trying to make sense out of coffeelover's posts. Most of what is posted from that account makes little or no contribution to threads.

That said, the fact of the matter is that fake civit cat scat beans ARE currently being peddled in the market and civit cats are being abused in order to produce the coffee in question.

And theres the real truth on "cats ass coffee",,,thats what i been calling it from day one,, Hey montre,,,I'm looking at 6 kilos of it right now,,,took months to collect it,,clean it,sack it up,,,,If you'd like to give us some big time stupid money for it PM me, be my pleasure to take your money.

And, to top it off, even the genuine article isn't worth drinking.

DING,,,, but hey,,,on the real.... you'll never know that until you try it,,,like you did,,,i did,,,and most others,,,,speaking of most others,,, wheres all these cats ass drinkers ??? we all beating your product up because it deserves it, but no ones riding to the defense,,,hummmmmmmmmm

Time to put this thread to bed. Or should I say out to pasture. Perfect fertilizer!

Noooo,,,, please, dont shoot it in the head just yet,,, where else can the truths be told about a product to an audience of said possible product users.
For the welfare of the Civet,,, let this thread live.............

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
What almost everyone around here is looking for…..

Attachments

• 1-1-payday-2-001.jpg
    1-1-payday-2-001.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Wow, we are at it again about Kopi Luwak.

Well, I have started few threads about Kopi Luwak in the past.
I have tasted Kopi Luwak several times and I was not very impressed with its taste. But my opinion can be very bias since I was expecting great mind blowing experience and it was just another nice mild cup of coffee with very complex flavor.

There are several sellers on ebay are selling Kopi Luwak at around 35-50 per 1/4 pound to around 700 dollars per pound. I have talk to few Indonesian government approved sellers and I have found out many things about Kopi Luwak.

1. They are very expensive because there are huge demand for this.
2. It is very easy to make money if you are crooked and there are many counterfeit beans are out there. (this is be biggest problem)
3. Kopi Luwak is considered by many experts as one of the best tasting coffee. Of course there are others who disagree.

These are the facts. There is no reason why this thread had to start this way. Most of the coffee industry knows Kopi Luwak is regarded as most sought after coffee in the world and their cost is out of reach for most of coffee drinkers.
I have tasted many better cups but I believe if you are lucky enough to try a cup, I would recommend.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Your point number 3 says experts consider KL one of the best. Your last line says you yourself have tasted many better cups. Ergo, you are saying you're not an expert. :coffee: I say you are an expert. KL is in fact regarded as a most sought after coffee; this only speaks to the ignorance (or excess money) of those seeking after it, and says nothing about it being worth drinking.