Why you shouldn't drink iced coffee

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
I adore iced coffee. Love affair.

I keep a coffee pot in my fridge (about a liter) just for this. I don't add sugar or any sweetner. I add some half and half to the poured cup to get the color right and add body, and over ice cubes to keep it chill. To avoid dilution if I am drinking it slow enough for the cubes to melt some, I use cubes of frozen coffee.

I agree that if one drinks it "saturated with mega-sweet additives" it changes the character of the drink from coffee to "a coffee drink". But IMO so what? Not perhaps what I like, but who wants to live in a world where everyone does it my way. Not even me.

But iced coffee, just coffee, iced, is a pretty fantastic coffee.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I adore iced coffee. Love affair.

I keep a coffee pot in my fridge (about a liter) just for this. I don't add sugar or any sweetner. I add some half and half to the poured cup to get the color right and add body, and over ice cubes to keep it chill. To avoid dilution if I am drinking it slow enough for the cubes to melt some, I use cubes of frozen coffee.

I agree that if one drinks it "saturated with mega-sweet additives" it changes the character of the drink from coffee to "a coffee drink". But IMO so what? Not perhaps what I like, but who wants to live in a world where everyone does it my way. Not even me.

But iced coffee, just coffee, iced, is a pretty fantastic coffee.
Try 'Japanese' style brewing... its an amazing way to brew 'cold' coffee

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
If you mean cold drip brewing I am exploring that.
It's not cold drip... that makes a great product but takes forever! I found you can get the same amazing tasting cold coffee (unlike most muddy cold brew) using this method.

xisula

Jun 8, 2022
toronto
Visit site
The iced coffee will affect your sleeping. Research shows that consuming substantial amounts of caffeine even six hours before bedtime can disrupt your sleep quality. For that reason, you will feel anxious. Also, you can feel the laxative effect. You've gained weight very fastly. Above all that reasons, you should not drink iced coffee.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
I think iced coffee has all the dangers of hot coffee. Maybe a little more because you can drink iced coffee faster. But there is nothing inherently worse about iced coffee. And it tastes soooooooo good.

baristaraimo

Jan 20, 2023
Millburn, NJ
Visit site
Well, some folks might tell you to steer clear, especially if you are trying to lead a healthy lifestyle. That is because many iced coffee drinks can contain added sugars, calories, and other extra stuff you might not want. But don't worry - in moderation, drinking iced coffee won't hurt you. Just be mindful of what is in your drink, and enjoy it as part of a balanced diet.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
It gets hilarious reading about what we should/shouldn't do when every single person will have drastically different experiences. Each person should simply look after what they do and not try to encourage others to follow their 'lead'... I can consume shot after shot of espresso on an empty stomach and easily consume over 1 gram of caffeine in a 3-4 hr timeframe and have absolutely no side effects whatsoever. No change in pulse/blood pressure, no anxiety/restlessness, no digestive issues, etc. Have even been given the 'green light' on my addiction by neurology even after 2 small strokes were caused by something seriously debilitating. Had nothing whatsoever to do with caffeine intake or my lifestyle in general. When I was hospitalized twice the staff working the brain injury wing hooked me up with instant espresso as well as a doctor even hooking me up with a caffeine injection to offset the headache. None of us will live indefinitely and we all have addictions to get through daily life. Choose what you like, enjoy in moderation and ignore all the constant babble about things being so bad for us... WHO CARES, bwahaha?!?