Wild Luwak Coffee / Kopi Luwak (Civet coffee)

Beanley.com

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi Coffee Lovers,

Thank you for accepting me in this great forum. My name is Irawan Lau from Indonesia. I'm addicted to coffee since I was a kid, and now I do coffee business which is my biggest passion. I've travel and try so many kinds of coffee, recently I produce my own coffee that I collected through the high standard selection in order to get the best coffee I want. I concern in Wild luwak coffee, that I collected from the local farmer of some coffee plantation area such as Sumatra and Java Island. As my experience, this coffee is the best in taste and aroma, it's very unique and rare. And as I know in Taiwan this Kopi Luwak is also popular and very expensive, because many of my buyers buy the Beanley Wild Luwak coffee bean from me in big quantity and then they sell in high price, they came from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and China. And many Taiwanese ask me to open a shop in Taiwan.

I just wanna know your opinion about this issue.
Thank you very much, and I'm glad that I can join this forum.

Best regards,
Irawan Lau
Jakarta-Indonesia

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi Coffee Lovers,

Thank you for accepting me in this great forum. My name is Irawan Lau from Indonesia. I'm addicted to coffee since I was a kid, and now I do coffee business which is my biggest passion. I've travel and try so many kinds of coffee, recently I produce my own coffee that I collected through the high standard selection in order to get the best coffee I want. I concern in Wild luwak coffee, that I collected from the local farmer of some coffee plantation area such as Sumatra and Java Island. As my experience, this coffee is the best in taste and aroma, it's very unique and rare. And as I know in Taiwan this Kopi Luwak is also popular and very expensive, because many of my buyers buy the Beanley Wild Luwak coffee bean from me in big quantity and then they sell in high price, they came from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and China. And many Taiwanese ask me to open a shop in Taiwan.

I just wanna know your opinion about this issue.
Thank you very much, and I'm glad that I can join this forum.

Best regards,
Irawan Lau
Jakarta-Indonesia

Hello Irawan, welcome to our forum.
since you asked "my opinion about this issue (luwak), let me advise you as following.

A. if you research this subject via forum library, 99% will be very negative. VERY. Most of us feel that it is Totally marketing coffee with cruelty to the animals. It is only for for those snobby people who thinks they know coffee, but they absolutely have no idea.

B. This is one of the most popular and hated subjects in this forum, so I do not know how it will go....

C. We (coffee forum) do not have active member from Indonesia (where I find it fascinating in terms of coffee cultures), so if you can contribute "your experiences of various Indonesian coffees", We will really appreciate it. Personally, I love Indonesia coffees and have researched bit, but since you live there, I am sure that you know way more than I do. Please share with us.

D. if you are looking for a customer to sell your coffee, you came to wrong place. the chance of selling is much worse than 99% Luwak negative percentage. it will be about 99.99999%

thanks and please do not go way and post some interesting threads for us for constructive discussion.
Alex from Ensoluna
PS: I am also in Coffee origin business in Guatemala. I do sell green coffees all over the world, BUT NOT VIA THIS FORUM.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
i read it all, but not much new info there.

it says that 41% of Luwak is not luwak or adulterated with other coffees. which is understandable.

But, it says that annual production is less than 500 pounds a year & costs $500 to $600 per pounds (Canadian $) which I do not find "realistic figures". too little production and too much money for a pound.