Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
According to http://www.MensHealth.com:

Starbucks Venti 2% Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha

660 calories
22 g fat (14 g saturated)
95 g sugar

Important Rule of Thumb: Avoid holiday-themed items from coffee shops at all costs. From peppermint to egg nog to pumpkin, these are often the most sugar- and fat-packed drinks you'll find at places like Starbucks. Make your own flavored drinks instead, using skim milk, sugar-free syrups, and, of course, skipping the whip.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I use to think the crappiest coffee in America came from Charbux.

Now I'd have to say it's McDonald's. Their attempt at cafe quality coffee based drinks must be the biggest joke ever. My wife was hooked on their vanilla skim milk lattes because she always said my shots and milk based drinks are too strong for mere mortals. She went to the local McDs several times and the last time what they gave her was steamed milk and some vanilla flavoring. No coffee taste at all. She took it back and the next one was worse than the first. The guy was trying to tell her something like "I pushed the right button to make that" and that is pathetic. If a company is going to tout their coffee as the best they should get their crap right and buy decent equipment and train people properly to do the job right. Just my opinion as usual. Later!

omegapd

Sep 4, 2008
Deep South, GA
Visit site
Shadow,

I've yet to try any of the "fancy" drinks from McDonalds, but did stop in the other night just to try their "new" hot coffee. I thought it was the worst cup I've had in a long time...

Shoulda known better...

EW

cartoons10

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
McDonalds has OKKKKKK coffee better then BK. the ice drinks are not bad and can prove to be better then Starbucks (Yes I know your surprised)

callahan

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Re:

omegapd said:
Shadow,

I've yet to try any of the "fancy" drinks from McDonalds, but did stop in the other night just to try their "new" hot coffee. I thought it was the worst cup I've had in a long time...

Shoulda known better...

EW

oughh....just go to Starbucks

cartoons10

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
Re: Re:

callahan said:
omegapd said:
Shadow,

Shoulda known better...

EW

oughh....just go to Starbucks

Starbucks is OK if you have money for it:) BK serves some great coffee they are said to have the best Coffee in my town and thats big because there are dozens of coffee shops in town.
Starbucks, Caribou, McDonalds): Cappuccino cabin, Dunkin Donuts, Etc. anyways I love BK coffee or just making El salvador Coffee right at home!

lifeline

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
There is plenty of places that have coffee that is worse than McDonalds.

Actually an indepent taste test gave McD's a very high rating based on other coffees that cost a similar price.

cartoons10

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
lifeline said:
There is plenty of places that have coffee that is worse than McDonalds.

Actually an indepent taste test gave McD's a very high rating based on other coffees that cost a similar price.

Really? Wow when McD's get good enough coffee for me then pigs can fly and dogs will rule the white house.

But if thats what you like then great! I'm fine with that just not my type.

I like Get-n-Go coffee. As well,

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
cartoons10 said:
Really? Wow when McD's get good enough coffee for me then pigs can fly and dogs will rule the white house.

Hey Cartoons, you should start a coffee review blog or something.

I'm still not sure if you are for or against McD's coffee, but your colorful review here really put me in stitches! Ha!!! Good on ya. :)

cartoons10

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
caffe biscotto said:
cartoons10 said:

Hey Cartoons, you should start a coffee review blog or something.

I'm still not sure if you are for or against McD's coffee, but your colorful review here really put me in stitches! Ha!!! Good on ya. :)

I would love to but the thing is I already run one blog and also I don't drink enough different kinds of coffee for a blog. But the ones I do drink I love!

My blog is a political blog,
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give the link here or not but I will if it's allowed. PM me for it.

C

coffeeloverlisa

For those of new to the coffee religion, the fast food coffee, or next level, Tim Hortons/Dunkin Donuts is pretty fascinating. When I see the line ups there, or a working guy spout off his "Timmy's" like he is talking about his prized possession, you have to admire the brand.

Personally I spit out the stuff and just like a coconut chocolate donut or a maple glazed. But no way I am standing in line for that swill. And don't get me started on any coffee that starts out calling itself "Crystals" like Folgers.

You gotta be kidding me.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
It Must be some of the Restaurant Coffee, that lays around for an Hour or Two,
at some slow places, and is served anyways, so NO Profit will be Lost.

Instead of getting better stuff, and bringing in more Customers,
The Cheep, will stay Cheep, and Old Habits are hard to change.

BUT, I Must say, we Only Live once, and I need my super dooper
full of Fatty Flavor, whipped cream, and All of the Goodies,
at least for the Holidays,,,since we are getting all the Pie & other
Fun SINFully Good Treats then.