Worth it to get a coffee machine for the customers that visit our office?

mikejackte

Mar 16, 2020
Sarasota, FL
Visit site
Hey all, my name's Mike. I own and manage Sarasota Pool Builders. We're considering investing in a commercial coffee maker, so I could use some advice. We've never had an actual office until just recently, so anytime we'd talk to customers, we drove to them. We now have an office customers can visit, but it's somewhat plain. I thought it may be a good idea to purchase a coffee machine for the customers to enjoy. Car dealerships have them sometimes, I just don't know if it's worth it for us. I did some searching online and found the one pictured below. 6 different types and holds about 6 gallons; it's about $3k. Most times when a customer comes in to talk about building a pool, they're there for at least 30 minutes because we have to talk about budget, timing, pool size, materials, how the construction process works, and so on. Personally, I think it'd be great if I were the customer, but I just don't know that it's worth the money. Any thoughts on this? Do you think it's a good investment?

1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

tomwellins898

Mar 16, 2020
NJ
Visit site
Hey Mike, my brother-in-law has a fencing company and they got one for their customers. Not sure about the brand or anything, but we had almost the exact same conversation. I don't know that there's a way to calculate an ROI for this or anything, but he said the customers loved it.

tomwellins898

Mar 16, 2020
NJ
Visit site
Just shot him a text. Your one is more expensive. He got a Breville Barista Express from Bed Bath and Beyond for around $700. I will say this though - it's only got one flavor... :coffee:

Last edited:

ampva200

Mar 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi, Mike! investing for a coffee machine is worth it. Place it near train stations where customer can get their cup of coffee in instant. One advantage of coffee machine is that you don't have to hire people to take care of the customers. Hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator: