Would like reccomendations for coffee to try

Hydroid

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
Hello
I am looking to try some new coffee that would be comparable to the Kona Sunrise and Kauai Koloa Estate Coffee (10% Blends). These are very reasonably priced dark roast whole bean and I like them but concerned about availability. Thanks in advance

Hydroid

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
So far the closest thing I have found in comparison to the blended Hawaii coffee that I like has been "Pacific Rim / Whole Foods" but as far as breaking away from Amazon I found out that Whole Foods is owned by Amazon. So I am thinking some of the Central American coffee may be worth checking into. Since the Hawaiian blend is only a small percentage of actual Hawaiian coffee. Maybe it's the way they roast it.

Last edited:

cws.tarun

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
Kona Sunrise is a great coffee. I had this coffee the first time I went to Maui and loved it and I was so happy to be able to order online! Best coffee ever! I always have that little morning taste of Hawaii and love to start my day in with it. Just the best!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hydroid

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
Hodgfrog: The Kauai Koloa Estate Coffee is my all time favorite. I'm not an expert and I have limited experience but for me, it's the bomb.

ddubicki

Nov 12, 2020
Visit site
Hey I'm a fan of dark roast so awesome thread, thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to give this Kona Sunrise next time I have a chance.

Hydroid

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
ddubicki, we love the Sunrise dark roast and it is very close in taste to the Kauai Koala Estate. Let us know how you like it.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I find the fascination with a 10% Kona blend to be a bit odd. Yeah, what is the other 90%?!? Never tried anything from Hawaii and surely won't for the ridiculous cost when there are tons of fantastic coffees to be had MUCH cheaper and far more plentiful. If coffee like that is put on such a pedestal it needs to be 100% and nothing less.

Hydroid

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
So I tried some beans from Guatemala (Antigua Region) and I can't see or taste any difference from the 10% blend Hawaii beans. So maybe the other 90% could be from Central America. Anyway, I'm really liking the Guatemalan coffee, my new favorite.

Last edited: