WTB - Need a ~5k Coffee Roaster

jumpymonkey

Oct 17, 2007
NW Arkansas
Visit site
I'm in need of a ~5k roaster or something close. I need a clean roaster that works perfectly with no previous fires or damage.

I am very serious and have cash ready to make this happen soon. I'm open to most models but have experience/knowledge and preference for Ambex, SanFranciscan, or Diedrich.

Please PM me if you have something immediately available and are looking for an easy/quick transaction.

Jeff

jumpymonkey

Oct 17, 2007
NW Arkansas
Visit site
topher said:
why not buy new if you have the money? New 5 kilo roasters are not that expensive..plus they have never seen a fire. :wink:

Well I certainly would have piece of mind knowing the roaster would be in 'new' condition. Right now I'm hoping to find a used roaster that is available immediately or at least sooner that the time to manufacture a brand new one. I'm also hoping to find something close enough to pickup or within a days drive.

jumpymonkey

Oct 17, 2007
NW Arkansas
Visit site
Followup: I was able to purchased a neverbeenused Ambex YM-10 (from a 3rd party) and stay within my $10k budget. I have previously owned a YM-15 and am very happy to return to the Ambex family. :)

jumpymonkey

Oct 17, 2007
NW Arkansas
Visit site
topher said:
congrats! Did the sale include everything or just the roaster..such as the pipes, chaff collector and what not?

The deal included the ym-10, coffee grinder, Primera LX800 Label Printer, a few cases of vented foil bags, heat sealers, pack of methos, and a whopping freight bill from my 'friends' at ABF.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Used Roaster

Check with Dan @ US Roaster Corp. Has a lot of used roasters and might even have something new.

Also Jay at CoffeeTec.com

jumpymonkey

Oct 17, 2007
NW Arkansas
Visit site
Re: Used Roaster

chast said:
Check with Dan @ US Roaster Corp. Has a lot of used roasters and might even have something new.

Also Jay at CoffeeTec.com

Ummm, I've already purchased as indicated by my previous post. I did, however, have a nice chat with Dan while researching my options. He's a friendly guy.

jumpymonkey

Oct 17, 2007
NW Arkansas
Visit site
I did purchase the unit from a gentleman in Troutman, NC. At the time I saw this deal posted on Ebay, I had been seriously looking for a couple months so I acted quickly and wired the money the very next day.

I have this roaster up and running. I've roasted a few batches and the results are very good. The roaster seems to be louder than my previous ym-15 and has more vibration. I'm hoping it's because the roaster is new and needs time to break in or maybe it is not level. I have to install a natural gas conversion kit next week so I'll check to see if it's level.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
USRC

You will enjoy the USRC roaster. I recently ordered a sample roaster from Dan. Hopefully sometime in Dec. It will compliment the 3kg I purchased from them.

I have not had a single issue with my 3kg and I tried to find faults.

Charlie