Your favourite coffee house?

notmuffy

Mar 25, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
What is everyone's favorite coffee house and where/why?

I have been to cafés in England, Mexico, Germany, Italy, Canada and all over USA. The country with the worst coffee shops is England, in my opinion. This kind of shop is rare anyway, and in my opinion the English just don't 'get it'.

My favorite is the "Smelly Cat" cafe in Concord, NC. The atmosphere is so wonderful and unique, I couldn't find a picture of it on the web though. They have different levels to the shop, with different mis-matched couches and other furniture, tucked into little nooks with magazines and stuff. They sell all different coffees and flavors of course, and they also have an ice cream bar, mmm! They have live local musicians Fridays. They sell the standard coffee shop foods, bagels and muffins and stuff. I miss it terribly! :)

Smelly Cat 704-782-2289 21 Union St S Concord NC 28025

G

Favorite Coffeehouse!

Very nice site!
This is my first post!
My favorite Coffeehouse is all a dream at this point. I have not been to one with quite everything I am looking for in one.

The inside or layout of the Coffeehouse has a lot to do with what I would call my favorite. Until then I will be happy with the local coffee shop out here called Paris On The Platte in Confluence Valley of of lower downtown Denver Colorado. They are a old coffee shop but a good one.

colin99

Apr 17, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Lemme see...
Best cafe in Victoria, Canada --- Cafe Fantastico
Best in Vancouver, Canada -- JJ Bean and/or Calabria
Seattle -- where do I begin? Bauhaus on Capitol hill..
Portland - PEETS!
Santa Monica - PEETS!
Pasadena -- PEETS!
Calgary, Canada --PlanetRoasters
Ottawa, Canada --The Planet at Byward market
Toronto, Canada --TheRoastery at the Beaches and
anything in Little Italy - College Avenue

G

Zanzibar - Irvine, California Coffee House

I picked up a Coffee Forum card from my favorite coffee house in Irvine, California (Southern California) called Zanzibar. I stop in every morning to read my paper and relax before the day starts. Recently they just added wirelesss access for free to surf the Internet, where I'm writing to you from during my lunch break. The drink selection is great, the coffee is always piping hot and the food is great breakfast and lunchtime solutions for anyone in a hurry.

Come by Zanzibar in Irvine, California next time your around this way.
Susan Lumbergur

G

what makes your favorite shop your favorite? besides good coffee... i'd like some details please! i'm looking to spruce up a small town coffee shop, and i'd really enjoy reading what those of you around the world enjoy. thank you!

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
What makes a good coffee shop? Guest, register for an account here so we have more of a personal relationship :) I think a lot has to do with the atmosphere for the crowd you target. I can draw out the perfect coffee shop in my eyes for you but imma keep that for myself because soon I may own a coffee shop :D

I like good matching colors.

G

Coffee shop

I have been to this new coffee shop in altamonte springs, Fl. The name is cyber cafe. The lattes and cappuchinos are very good . Not only can you drink your latte and read the newspaper and relax, you can also check your emails too!

G

whats going on here?

colin99 said:
Lemme see...
Best cafe in Victoria, Canada --- Cafe Fantastico
Best in Vancouver, Canada -- JJ Bean and/or Calabria
Seattle -- where do I begin? Bauhaus on Capitol hill..
Portland - PEETS!
Santa Monica - PEETS!
Pasadena -- PEETS!
Calgary, Canada --PlanetRoasters
Ottawa, Canada --The Planet at Byward market
Toronto, Canada --TheRoastery at the Beaches and
anything in Little Italy - College Avenue

G

notmuffy said:
What is everyone's favorite coffee house and where/why?

I have been to cafés in England, Mexico, Germany, Italy, Canada and all over USA. The country with the worst coffee shops is England, in my opinion. This kind of shop is rare anyway, and in my opinion the English just don't 'get it'.

My favorite is the "Smelly Cat" cafe in Concord, NC. The atmosphere is so wonderful and unique, I couldn't find a picture of it on the web though. They have different levels to the shop, with different mis-matched couches and other furniture, tucked into little nooks with magazines and stuff. They sell all different coffees and flavors of course, and they also have an ice cream bar, mmm! They have live local musicians Fridays. They sell the standard coffee shop foods, bagels and muffins and stuff. I miss it terribly! :)

Smelly Cat 704-782-2289 21 Union St S Concord NC 28025

Hi~My name is Jill.
I love cafe',too.I come from to Taiwan.Although I never go to cafe' shop other country,but I know so much well cafe' shop in Taiwan,
example,Tamsui.There are so mamy cafe' shop in Tamsui river bank,and scenery is beautiful.welcome you to Taiwan!

G

Re: Coffee shop

I'm heading to Orlando for vacation next week and will be staying at the Holiday Inn in Altamonte Springs and will need to check my e-mail from work - can you tell me where the Cyber Cafe is located or if they have a webpage so I can find out there hours. I imagine they're open early in the morning, which would be great so I can get up early, have a great cup of java and check my e-mail before my day starts.

Thanks, Mike

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
So many good places to get coffee.

I like the coffee bean and tea leaf, a chain store competing against starbucks. They are good for a nice frappuccino or 'ice blended' coffee, they are not to bad with their cups of joe either.

I enjoy boba stores that are smart enough to order their coffee from good resellers like Seattle's Best.

As for a real sit down and enjoy the atmosphere cafe ... They seem to always close down right when I'm starting to get used to them, sad. Support your local independant cafes!

javagirl81

Sep 10, 2003
michigan
Visit site
I'm all about the independent cafes. When I go into mine (Beanabox or Common Ground) they already have my drink made for me! I also feel better giving them my money, even though they always give me discounts, rather than some corporate suit somewhere.