Your opinion on hand operated coffee presses/potential improvements

Freipress

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
:coffeemug: Hello there fellow coffee enthusiasts! :coffeemug:

I have a few questions regarding hand operated coffee presses along the lines of the Aeropress and travel french presses, because I believe that there is room to improve on some of these designs.

Obviously the Aeropress makes a good cup of coffee, and it has achieved a cult following, but with that in mind I'd like to know:

What is your #1 concern when it comes to purchasing a compact coffee maker besides the taste of the coffee? (this is a given, good tasting coffee should always be the priority)

What would you look for in a portable coffee making device? (price, size, portability, materials etc.)

I'm asking because I am currently in the middle of designing one such coffee press, and would value the opinions of coffee lovers around the world.

Thank you, your input would be greatly appreciated!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
:coffeemug: Hello there fellow coffee enthusiasts! :coffeemug:

What is your #1 concern when it comes to purchasing a compact coffee maker besides the taste of the coffee? (this is a given, good tasting coffee should always be the priority)

What would you look for in a portable coffee making device? (price, size, portability, materials etc.)
!

how fast & easy to get it set up to start brewing #1
easy cleaning #2
how durable it is (related to material and built quality) #3
pricing #4
what kind of filter it uses and how easily accessible it is #5]

gnappi

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
So far I have yet to own or try a French press type maker that made coffee I liked. At friends homes I'll not drink coffee if they make it from a press, and have tea instead. I wouldn't have one if they were giving them away at Wal Mart.