Food in an Espresso stand
This is a discussion on Food in an Espresso stand within the Business to Business B2B forums, part of the Community Board category; Ok, does anyone else not feel comfortable about steaming eggs on a steam wand????? Maybe I totally misread that but I don't think it sounds ...
- 02-06-2013 04:06 PM #11
Ok, does anyone else not feel comfortable about steaming eggs on a steam wand????? Maybe I totally misread that but I don't think it sounds like a good idea??? Maybe I'm wrong...
- 02-06-2013 04:06 PM # ADS
- 02-06-2013 04:54 PM #12
I tried couple of times and eggs came out too mushy...
- 02-06-2013 06:20 PM #13
I can't tell you how many times I've seen people wipe off the steam wand with a dirty towel that was sitting on the counter. Even though I know the steam wand gets pretty hot when frothing the milk, I doubt that it gets hot enough to sterilize it. But, that's what people do . . . and I guess no one has died from it yet.
If I knew that the person behind the counter was steaming eggs with the same steam wand that they use to froth milk, I think I'd go buy my coffee elsewhere.
- 02-06-2013 11:01 PM #14
Thank god, I was thinking the same thing. In our county health regs say you can't even do that, we would need a whole different classification because you are actually cooking the egg. I would never buy a coffee from someone that steams an egg on the same wand. Yeah the steam wand gets hot, but the problem really comes when people don't purge the old milk out, and they don't clean the wand with a lean bleach rag the the milk stays on there growing bacteria in a nice warm environment, the they stick that nasty wand in the next milk.....BARF! Ugh, I have been in enough coffee places and have seen some disgusting things.....makes me want to do my own health inspection before I order a drink somewhere! Ewwwwwwwww!
- By AlaskaAng in forum Coffee Industry ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 11-25-2012, 12:51 PM
- By Rochelle in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2012, 06:33 PM
- By looking4drivethru in forum Business to Business B2BReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2011, 06:50 AM
- By in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2004, 01:51 AM
- By java1234 in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 0Last Post: 12-31-1969, 06:00 PM