Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Food in an Espresso stand

This is a discussion on Food in an Espresso stand within the Business to Business B2B forums, part of the Community Board category; Ok, does anyone else not feel comfortable about steaming eggs on a steam wand????? Maybe I totally misread that but I don't think it sounds ...

Ok, does anyone else not feel comfortable about steaming eggs on a steam wand????? Maybe I totally misread that but I don't think it sounds like a good idea??? Maybe I'm wrong...

2. # ADS

I tried couple of times and eggs came out too mushy...

Super Moderator
    I can't tell you how many times I've seen people wipe off the steam wand with a dirty towel that was sitting on the counter. Even though I know the steam wand gets pretty hot when frothing the milk, I doubt that it gets hot enough to sterilize it. But, that's what people do . . . and I guess no one has died from it yet.

If I knew that the person behind the counter was steaming eggs with the same steam wand that they use to froth milk, I think I'd go buy my coffee elsewhere.

Rose

Thank god, I was thinking the same thing. In our county health regs say you can't even do that, we would need a whole different classification because you are actually cooking the egg. I would never buy a coffee from someone that steams an egg on the same wand. Yeah the steam wand gets hot, but the problem really comes when people don't purge the old milk out, and they don't clean the wand with a lean bleach rag the the milk stays on there growing bacteria in a nice warm environment, the they stick that nasty wand in the next milk.....BARF! Ugh, I have been in enough coffee places and have seen some disgusting things.....makes me want to do my own health inspection before I order a drink somewhere! Ewwwwwwwww!

A lot of independent coffee shops are having success selling our Kifa Bars. They are unique, made from whole food, super delicious and filling. Our customers are also experiencing a lot of repeat business for the bars, much like Nichols said in the 12/7/12 post. You can visit kifabars.com to see pics and reviews of our 10 flavors or email me directly at graham@kifabars.com for a wholesale price list. We're also happy to offer FREE samples that you and your staff can enjoy and use as a trial on your customers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads