Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Any Ideas to increase sales volume????

This is a discussion on Any Ideas to increase sales volume???? within the Business to Business B2B forums, part of the Community Board category; We try very hard to keep our product fresh. I don't even use the airpot coffee dispenser since that seem to make people think you ...

We try very hard to keep our product fresh. I don't even use the airpot coffee dispenser since that seem to make people think you serve cheap coffee.(like gas station coffee) We always pour our coffee and hand it to our customer. That seems to be more work but I think that is another reason why we are doing very well in this small town.

2. # ADS

You might wanna charge more for pour overs. I have seen a few shops doing this, and people are willing to pay for the extra service.
    Brian

I was thinking about that actually. I was thinking about offering french press on their table as well. I don't know how that is going to turn out. We always have around 10-20 people at our shop. That is pretty good number since we only have around 35 seats....

Hey CoffeeJunky, I just have a suggestion for different way to approach your problem. Instead of trying to think about your average ticket sales and how many cups you sale each day, ask yourself what the total value is on your customers and you’ll have to decide what time period to look at. You could look at a month, 3 months or a year. The reason for doing this is that essentially you’re looking to figure out of how much of my sales are coming from regulars.

The reason to do this is because if you have 375 average ticket sale (this might be an extreme case) 300 to 330 cups average per day. If most of these are coming from regulars that means you actually have a very high value per individual. And when you understand what that value is over a certain amount of time, then that means you understand how much you can invest to bring another individual to the door.

And the reason that I'm suggesting that you look at this way is that maybe you don’t need to increase your ticket sales, but maybe what you need to do is change your marketing’s that bring more people into the door and create more regular customers. But until you know how much value you’re getting for your marketing, that is if you pay a dollar to bring someone in the door and then they return 3x a week for the next year, then you know that a dollar brings a huge amount of value you can leverage that . So that’s just a different way of approaching your problem.

--transcribed and posted for Joseph @ JRmobile.co by Mark
    Last edited by JRMobile; 02-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    It's good that you're prices are slightly less than Starbucks.

It's always nice to hear people say, "Wow! This coffee is great, and it cost less than Starbucks!"

Instant repeat customer!

Rose
    great! pinkrose

Hi Coffeejunky,
    you said that you from a small town, maybe what you have got is a maximal in your town. my suggestion is you will do expansion to neighbor town or other place, i think.

good luck!

What about point of sale items....gum, or mints right by the register? A few years ago we ordered oral fixation mints, mainly because I liked how the products looked, but in our drive thru it didn't go over so well, not like if someone was standing right there at the register needing some mints! I agree with the unusual stuff comment, find quirky stuff that people can't get somewhere else...I say stay true to you if you love stuff that has "smart ass" stuff on it, buy that kinda stuff, if you like more subtle calming stuff do that, I think it's easier to sell stuff to people if you honestly love it. What about working on a small display of seasonal stuff??? Like chocolates and cards and pink heart notebooks for valentines day....chocolate eggs and bunny ears and little coloring books or something for Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by JRMobile View Post
    Hey CoffeeJunky, I just have a suggestion for different way to approach your problem. Instead of trying to think about your average ticket sales and how many cups you sale each day, ask yourself what the total value is on your customers and you’ll have to decide what time period to look at. You could look at a month, 3 months or a year. The reason for doing this is that essentially you’re looking to figure out of how much of my sales are coming from regulars.

The reason to do this is because if you have 375 average ticket sale (this might be an extreme case) 300 to 330 cups average per day. If most of these are coming from regulars that means you actually have a very high value per individual. And when you understand what that value is over a certain amount of time, then that means you understand how much you can invest to bring another individual to the door.

And the reason that I'm suggesting that you look at this way is that maybe you don’t need to increase your ticket sales, but maybe what you need to do is change your marketing’s that bring more people into the door and create more regular customers. But until you know how much value you’re getting for your marketing, that is if you pay a dollar to bring someone in the door and then they return 3x a week for the next year, then you know that a dollar brings a huge amount of value you can leverage that . So that’s just a different way of approaching your problem.

--transcribed and posted for Joseph @ JRmobile.co by Mark
    Great point
    boiled down. more customers x high frequency = loyalty = value

The reason I started this thread is to know what others doing besides selling our normal stuff like coffee, espresso base drinks, some sweets that goes with coffee... Since then I have added oatmeal and small bake goods.

My coffee house is located in very small town and most of my customers are repeat customers. (lilke 80 percent of them)
    I rarely do outside promotions other then local events... I am the only coffee house in two block stretch of downtown and there really isn't anymore room for another coffee house.

I have done more research about our business but we are keep coming back to way to increase the average ticket sales instead of getting more customer to our business.... Our current business volume is very impressive for this small town with around 10,000 in population and if we can't find the way to increase our average ticket volume, we need to go out and start promoting our business in fairs, trade shows and other public events. That is our next step...

Thanks for all your help....

CoffeeJunky, a lot of independent coffee shops are having success selling our Kifa Bars. They are unique, made from whole food, super delicious and filling. Our customers are also experiencing a lot of repeat business for the bars. You can visit kifabars.com to see pics and reviews of our 10 flavors or email me directly at graham@kifabars.com for a wholesale price list. We're also happy to offer FREE samples that you and your staff can enjoy and use as a trial on your customers.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads