Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone Interested in Purchasing Printed Items together....

This is a discussion on Anyone Interested in Purchasing Printed Items together.... within the Business to Business B2B forums, part of the Community Board category; I have been purchasing coffee from the local roaster. The coffee price is not very cheap but he supplies about 100 independent coffee houses and ...

Anyone Interested in Purchasing Printed Items together....

I have been purchasing coffee from the local roaster. The coffee price is not very cheap but he supplies about 100 independent coffee houses and he gets the printed items much cheaper then I can get them on my own.
    I am wondering if we can create a purchasing club with members here from the US. Is that even possible? If so, how many of us are interested? I am going to start roasting for my store and that is one sticking point.

Thanks for your future reply and ideas.....

2. # ADS

What is a printed item?

Super Moderator
    Some examples of what you mean by printed items would be helpful. Are you thinking about cups? sleeves? bags for roasted coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Some examples of what you mean by printed items would be helpful. Are you thinking about cups? sleeves? bags for roasted coffee?
    Yes... cups, sleeves, napkins, bags.... and anything we need custom printed items...

I buy all of those items now as an independent coffee roaster. I'm not sure any quantity discount would make the logistics of purchasing for a group desirable. Buying in case quantity really isn't that big of a deal, imo.

Besides, if you are talking specially printed items, everyone is going to want their own version/image/information printed on the products.

Maybe I'm missing something here....?

maybe i wasn't very clear for the my motive of this topic.

Eldub, Yes you are absolutely right. Each of us are not going to generate much business for the printer but as a group, we can generate more business.

Example: I use around 2-2,500 printed paper cups and sleeps a week. As a one coffee shop owner, we can only get low volume pricing but if we put together around 20-25 owners put together, the size of business is pretty decent. Of course, cost of the business isn't going to be any cheaper for the printer or whoever decide to take this business but they do not have to go after 25 business owners.

I am just trying to see if we can help each other on purchasing together....

Would everyone's items have the same information printed on it? If so, there would probably be quantity discounts involved. But if every group member wanted their own information printed on the items they order, I'm not sure that would qualify for quantity discounts.

Yes, we won't be getting quantity discount. As a one owner, I might be giving the printer about 10,000 dollars a year business but as a 100 business owners, we can give him 1 million dollars worth of business....That is what i am talking about.... Not quantity discount....

If someone comes through the door asking 1 cup of coffee for 1 dollar, we would laugh about it but if someone comes in and say, I would buy 5,000 cups a week at 1 dollar a piece, you would not turn that business away.....

Good luck with that.

The problem with your last analogy, imo, is that you are still going to have 100 business owners getting ahold of the suppliers to give individual orders, just as you have 5000 individuals coming into the shop for their $1 cup of coffee.

To me, time is money. And the amount of time you are going to have to spend organizing this venture will offset any monetary savings you may realize, imo.

Our shop has a printer who prints our labels, a bag supplier for coffee bags, a supplier of recyclable/compostable cups/lids/straws, etc. I don't view these expenses as being cost prohibitive. Maybe others do. Just putting out my 2 cents worth, as you posted the idea on the forums.

I think you missed the point...

There is no arguing about there will be a printer/printers out there who will print our supplies for cheaper. My question is there anyone who is interested in saving money.

With any businesses like ... Insurance, Suppliers of any kind( office, furniture, packaging, and etc,,,) they will all willing to give bigger discount to bigger groups. I think we all know the reason. We don't have to argue about why anyone is willing to give discounts to the group.

My question to this board was to create buying group together. That is my question. We all in the same industry. Why not take advantage of buying together and save money. It might not be a lot for now but we can always shop around every year. We can have few vendors to bid and see if we can get any bigger discounts. As an individual, you are locked into their price and that is all the choice you have.

We can do many different things like buying supplies but also insurances(business, health, and life) .... and more... Just my thought... Maybe there are already this kind of group exist in different site or different forum... I don't know... If the discount is big enough, this site might attract more members to join......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads