Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's not hard to find decaf coffee today and it's as healthy as normal coffee. You can find a top list of instant coffee here:

http://thehomemakersjournal.com/instant-coffee/
    http://thehomemakersjournal.com/best...-coffee-brand/

Quote Originally Posted by Thehomemakers View Post
    It's not hard to find decaf coffee today and it's as healthy as normal coffee. You can find a top list of instant coffee here:

http://thehomemakersjournal.com/instant-coffee/
    http://thehomemakersjournal.com/best...-coffee-brand/

Thehomemakers: no offense, but I started this thread because I have a real issue which, though it might be unusual, isn't as simple as replacing with decaf.

I have a sort of OCD and anxiety disorder where I get anxiety over concerns of being too tired, which are probably exacerbated by taking Klonopin, then I drink like 8 cups a day which somehow leads to me feeling not only WAY more tired than if I hadn't had any, but also cause my anxiety to worsen.

If it was as easy as switching to decaf I'd have done it by now but when I try to quit cold turkey I get MASSIVELY exhausted and depressed for upwards of 2 weeks and I'm non-functional and I eventually give in. I'm going to try a VERY slow taper as it's the best thing I can think of.

I feel like you have kind of hijacked my thread to talk a lot about decaf and it wasn't what I intended, even though I know you mean well.

What I REALLY wanted was an actual scientific explanation for why a person who drinks way too much coffee might find it making them MORE tired in the end, and while I found SOME reasons I have still been unable to get a truly good explanation or find someone else who has experienced the same thing.

That's the reason I started this thread and also why I joined this forum: because I wanted to find other people who'd experienced this issue of feeling MORE tired the more coffee they drink, and who could explain exactly WHY this is scientifically possible.

Thanks

Well I'm gonna make yet another strong attempt tomorrow to start weaning myself off of caffeine.

I wish more people on here had experienced what I do with feeling much more exhausted and worn out on a daily basis with caffeine as a major culprit or knew someone who had who you could reference.

If anyone has, PLEASE respond.

One thing that seems like it should be an obvious answer, is that too much caffeine in one's system probably really messes with one's sleep quality, and since I always have some in my system I think I never really get the quality REM sleep I should and then I'm more tired so I drink more coffee than I should and the cycle continues.

Obviously my anxiety and depression issues play a roll, as well as the fact that I take Klonopin and have TERRIBLE sleep hygiene and don't wake up regularly at the same time or go to sleep at the same time which I know I need to change.

I remember when I was in high school and didn't drink coffee I had WAY more natural energy than I do now.

I'm still trying to see if there is anyone on this forum who thinks they feel like they have LESS energy when they drink coffee then when they don't or knows anyone who feels that way or can explain the phenomena.

Is there anyone else on this forum who finds the caffeine crash to be a problem or who thinks they are more tired now that they drink coffee than they used to be when they were caffeine free and who has any tips to how to completely quit coffee and stay off it??

Thanks
    Last edited by Curemycaffeinism; 03-15-2018 at 10:02 PM.

I haad this effect too i think its cause your body is trying to be in equilibrium.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links