Caffeine is good for you!

Enigma-2

Oct 26, 2023
Indiana
Visit site
Harvard Health Letter
January 1, 2023
By; Heidi Godman, Executive Editor

In a recent observational study published online Sept. 27, 2022, by the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, researchers found that people who drank two to three cups of coffee each day had a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and early death than those who avoided the beverage.

The study included almost 450,000 people (average age 58) who did not have an irregular heartbeat (such as atrial fibrillation) or cardiovascular disease (such as heart disease, heart failure, or stroke) at the start.

Participants reported how many cups of coffee they drank each day and their preferred coffee choice. The researchers categorized them based on their daily consumption, from zero to more than five cups.

After 12 years, the incidences of irregular heartbeat, cardiovascular disease, heart-related deaths, and deaths from any cause were lower among coffee drinkers compared with those who didn’t drink coffee.

People who drank two to three cups daily had the lowest risk of cardiovascular disease and death.

For irregular heartbeat, the lowest risk was among those who drank four to five cups daily.

All types of coffee were linked to less cardiovascular disease.

However, drinking decaffeinated coffee was not associated with reduced risks of irregular heartbeat.

What’s the connection between coffee and a healthy heart? One plausible (unproven) explanation may be that coffee contains high amounts of polyphenols, which help reduce oxidative stress and inflammation

Enigma-2

Oct 26, 2023
Indiana
Visit site
This was written by a General Knowledge A.I. bot. (Scary eh?)

When you drink coffee, the caffeine in it is quickly absorbed into your bloodstream and travels to your brain. In the brain, caffeine blocks the inhibitory neurotransmitter adenosine, which leads to an increase in other neurotransmitters such as dopamine and norepinephrine. This can improve mood, energy levels, and cognitive function, which may contribute to the "feel good" sensation associated with drinking coffee. Additionally, the warmth and aroma of coffee can also have a comforting and soothing effect.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
This was written by a General Knowledge A.I. bot. (Scary eh?)

When you drink coffee, the caffeine in it is quickly absorbed into your bloodstream and travels to your brain. In the brain, caffeine blocks the inhibitory neurotransmitter adenosine, which leads to an increase in other neurotransmitters such as dopamine and norepinephrine. This can improve mood, energy levels, and cognitive function, which may contribute to the "feel good" sensation associated with drinking coffee. Additionally, the warmth and aroma of coffee can also have a comforting and soothing effect.
Personally have no use or respect for the idiotic AI push. Those that invented the garbage clearly can't think for themselves. As the saying/song goes, who made who? Mankind can easily destroy anything invented and it just might come to that.

thesamestranger

Sep 18, 2023
Usa
Visit site
Really very interesting article. Must read more about it. I started having trouble sleeping after I started drinking two cups of coffee a day. And even when I completely got rid of coffee, sleep did not return to me. I read on the Canadian Pharmacy Partnership about good sleeping pills that helped me a lot. Now I carefully watch what I eat and what I drink as well

Last edited: