Roaster and coffee lovers feedback on 3 different coffees.

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
I am looking for opinions and feedback on 3 different coffees. Burundi, Himalayan, and Kau, Hawaii.
Understanding the good and not so good crop years. I am looking for info in general. Such as
body, acidity, and characteristics and over cup experience. These are 3 coffees I have no experience with in roasting
and am very curious about them. Don't worry, I have no cat!

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I've heard that Himalayan produces fairly bad coffee. Read some reviews and check out the geography. It's not exactly a tropical location.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I have tried all three in the past. I can't remember them being great. I would remembered if they were exceptional. lol
I do remember reading about it and thought it would be nice try. however, it really didn't stand up to my expectation.

Reviews

But i can't really give you more details on the coffee. It has been few years. And I never really went out of my way to find them.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I've had all three. I do remember years ago that I enjoyed some Burundi. It was nice and bright and fruity. Right now I am enjoying some Zimbabwe Salimba AA+

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
i have not tried any of the three but did read some review and not all are ok with it. but as i always say, to each his own when it comes to coffee :)

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

Sidram

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yup...medium, any darker and it's a waste. If you don't mind telling me..who's coffee was it? Did you roast it?

Charlie had mine :decaf: lol just kidding. The Zimbabwe Salimba is full of flavor :) stop by I will brew you a pour over.