Burr grinder

coffeeaddictmgms

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi. What is the cheapest electric burr grinder do you recommend? I currently use Hario but it's pretty tiring if you're making more than one cup. Thanks for the tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
If it is in your price range, the Baratza Encore would be a solid choice. Baratza provides excellent customer service, their basic grinders are serviceable by anyone with basic mechanical skills, and parts are available at reasonable cost. Right now, new ones are $129 on Amazon, and Baratza sells refurbs for $99. You may find something acceptable cheaper, but I do not think you would go wrong with an Encore.

friedcoffee

Jan 12, 2016
India
Visit site
One more is Capresso Infinity. it's also a descent one which is under $100....Here are few more Top 5 Coffee Grinders For Home . If you are serious about coffee making, go for some high grade as the grinder prepares the raw material for brewing which is considered to be the most important part of coffee making. Spend more on grinder than the coffee machine and it will give a better output.

Rudds

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I use the bodum bistro conical burr, its pretty good unless you are trying to do espresso. For the price its a fairly consistent grind and more consistent than my old kalita hand grinder. Got it onsale for 65 bucks.

sjmyst

Oct 26, 2015
Allen, Texas
Visit site
Hi,

My wife found a Krups Burr Grinder for under $40. She wrote a review for our web site if your interested:

Krups Burr Grinder Review: GVX212 - Coffee Bean Menu
We also reviewed some other burr grinders on our site. You can search for "burr" in the search bar to see the others we reviewed. But, the Krups was the least expensive she could find that still had quality reviews.

So far she's had it for several months now and is very happy with it. Her only main complaints were that the coarseness settings are not fine enough. And, that it gets a little warm while it's working. So, if you are looking to be able to fine tune your grind size, or are looking for espresso grinding abilities, the Krups might not be the grinder for you.

After her last burr grinder failed within one year, she couldn't find a reasonably priced burr grinder, so she settled for a blade grinder. Bad idea. The blade grinder created grinds that just didn't taste as good as her previous burr grinder, and now this Krups burr grinder. Night and day taste difference.

Anyway, I know I'm late on this. But, I hope this helps someone else looking for an inexpensive burr grinder.

Regards,
sjmyst

sjmyst

Oct 26, 2015
Allen, Texas
Visit site
I have used a hand grinder Pharos works great but hand operated

We also ran across a hand burr grinder while researching burr grinders for our site. The product is Hario Skerton Ceramic Coffee Mill (just type that into the Amazon search bar to view it). It gets pretty good reviews. It runs for just under $40.

I'm guessing you would only needs something like this (hand operated) if you want to grind while camping or something like that.

Regards,
sjmyst