Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BIC

Sunrise valley coffee from Musicphan

many people try to get into Amazon coffee market. but since they have so many and so much, I have heard that it is very difficult to be successful via the sales thru Amazon.

I believe that it has been more or less 3 month since Encore/musicphan has been delivering to Amazon.
    Just wondering how things are going with the coffee sales and pros & cons of selling thru Amazon.

Mike, if you have time, please let us know how things are working out there.
    thanks and always wish you the best.

Sorry - its been a crazy busy week.

It's been an interesting experience selling on Amazon - there is certainly a large market but you have to pay to play. It takes some investment in advertising dollars to get exposure. I realized I'm competing against big ad budgets which limits my exposure. Growth is slower than expected but I had no idea what to realistically expect. In fairness, I've been focusing on Encore Coffee since its the holiday / busy season..

BIC
    yes, mike. that was what I have heard... and few of my coffee roasters have given up the sales via Amazon due to the exact reason.
    anyway, yes, holiday season is coming and hope that you will do great!!!!!!

my last batch of Geisha that I have brought from Guatemala has gone. I only drink one cup a day, but since I home-roasted the Geisha, my wife has been drinking average six cups a day (double the normal), so it ran out so fast.....

Mike, anything good that I can buy from you?
    something sweet, chocolaty, and fruity? from Ethiopia and Kenya would be awesome!! (Washed. I like Natural, but my wife does not like Natural....on second thought, maybe I should get the natural, so she won't drink so much, ha ha ha)

let me know.
    thanks

Yes... I could see giving up. I somewhat planned on being break-even for the first 3/6 months... you have to look at the long run equation on Amazon.

I don't have anything that fits that exact bill... I have my Happy Holiday's blend that will launch on Thanksgiving. It's primarily a blend of two naturals - mostly a natural Ethiopian Yirgi & Costa Rican natural w/ about 20% washed Guat.

Super Moderator
    Mike...did you find that the shipping pricing through amazon is ridiculous? We just got our product on amazon and when I saw the price I was blown away. USPS price is double of what I pay on shopify. I do not know how anyone can justify the shipping cost.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

BIC
    just wondering... is that one of the ways that Amazon makes extra money? charging more from the vendors than what it should cost?

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Mike...did you find that the shipping pricing through amazon is ridiculous? We just got our product on amazon and when I saw the price I was blown away. USPS price is double of what I pay on shopify. I do not know how anyone can justify the shipping cost.
    Are you referring to the shipping cost into FBA? Or are you merchant fulfilling?

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Are you referring to the shipping cost into FBA? Or are you merchant fulfilling?
    FBA? what this stands for?

Super Moderator
    merchant fulfilling.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

FBA = Fulfillment by Amazon.

Ah... I'm only doing FBA fulfillment, I found Amazon pricing not great as well. I get better pricing via Shippingeasy.com (aggregator which ties into Shopify). I didn't find Amazon's fulfillment model worth doing without using FBA services.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links