Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Grinder on the Sirius

How do you like the grinder on the Sirius? Does it provide consistent results?
    So far I am very pleased. It seems very consistent. I adjusted it to the finest grind possible. I have seen comments that say it is a potential problem going to the finest setting on these type of machines, but I guess time will tell. I may have to replace the grinder sooner that if I keep it at a coarser setting, but the finer grind gives a better espresso.
    Alex

JerseyGuy is your Sirius pooping out muddy grinds like Mikelev reported?

The SBS is supposed to allow you to lower water pressure by way of a bypass valve, that should allow you to fine tune extraction time. How would you rate this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by cravingman
    JerseyGuy is your Sirius pooping out muddy grinds like Mikelev reported?
    No. The ones I have are pretty dry and crumbly.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by cravingman
    The SBS is supposed to allow you to lower water pressure by way of a bypass valve, that should allow you to fine tune extraction time. How would you rate this feature?
    This works very well. I just tested 4 Espresso shots (12g and 1.5 OZs water) from full counterclockwise (9pm on a clock face) to Full Clockwise (3pm on a clock face):

Full Counterclockwise (9pm) - 8 seconds (suggested "Strong black coffee")
    MIDWAY (Noon) -------------- 15 seconds (suggested "Espresso")
    1 PM ---------------------------- 25 seconds (My setting for Espresso)
    Full Clockwise (3pm) -------- 48 seconds (suggested "Rich Espresso" or Rissetto)
    Alex

MikeLev also mention messy brewgroup

Mikelev sez: "And the Brew Group gets a lot messier than the Vienna's did with coffee smeared all up and down the shaft (even beyond the rubber seal)..."
    JerseyGuy..... Is the brewgroup typically messy when you pull it out? I wonder if there's a difference in procedure between the way you and MikeLev use your machines?

PS-I spoke with a gentleman who runs another website and he said that 'none of the superautomatic machines brew espresso, they brew swiss coffee.' Any opinions on his take on things? He's used the Solis 5000 and prefers its taste to the Sirius but I'm certain he still brews using more traditional machines. He also said 'temperature and pressure mean everything when brewing.' He doesn't believe that the superautos really make the 15 bar that they advertise.

Please throw your two cents in everyone. I'm collecting data, doing research and crunching numbers before I shell out the big bucks. The Sirius looks great to me but I'm a gadget guy and I may be unfairly swayed by the hitech display. What's a coffee geek to do?

Re: MikeLev also mention messy brewgroup

Quote Originally Posted by Deej
    Mikelev sez: "And the Brew Group gets a lot messier than the Vienna's did with coffee smeared all up and down the shaft (even beyond the rubber seal)..."
    JerseyGuy..... Is the brewgroup typically messy when you pull it out? I wonder if there's a difference in procedure between the way you and MikeLev use your machines?
    I guess it depends on what you mean as messy. When I pull it out I sometimes find some grinds at the bottom of the plate, but not many. The brew group it self is pretty "clean" until I run some water through it and then the grinds come out easily. I would say it is way less messy than what I went through cleaning up after my semi-automatic (don't even ask about that one, it was an old one that didn't make espresso well at all).
    Alex

Re: MikeLev also mention messy brewgroup

PS-I spoke with a gentleman who runs another website and he said that 'none of the superautomatic machines brew espresso, they brew swiss coffee.' Any opinions on his take on things? He's used the Solis 5000 and prefers its taste to the Sirius but I'm certain he still brews using more traditional machines. He also said 'temperature and pressure mean everything when brewing.' He doesn't believe that the superautos really make the 15 bar that they advertise.
    I don't have the right beans for me yet (some CaffeeFresco Ambrosia on the way this week) so what I have to say is pretty preliminary.

Using the Illy Medium Roast I thought the espresso was poor.

The Black Cat was very intense early on and then smoothed out and it made better espresso than almost all I have had in upscale restaurants.

I have just turned the Pre-brew on and am experimenting with that, but only time will tell as I experiment further.

So far I can say that I am pretty satisfied as it is VERY easy to make a shot or a cup whenever me or my wife want one and she is especially VERY HAPPY with the coffees we have made.

For me the convenience and ease of cleanup makes this a worthwhile buy. Now if I get the right beans.......
    Alex

Incanto Sirius Operating Manual

I created a PDF of the operating manual. If anyone wants a copy please send me a private message and I will forward to you (9.4 MBs). I don't see anyway to post it on this forum.
    Alex

So far I can say that I am pretty satisfied as it is VERY easy to make a shot or a cup whenever me or my wife want one and she is especially VERY HAPPY with the coffees we have made.
    Have you tried making any cappuccinos or lattes or those types of ddrinks? With what results? I'd expect that as you dilute the espresso with milk there'd be less bitterness or other negatives to detect in the taste.

Have you tried making any cappuccinos or lattes or those types of ddrinks? With what results? I'd expect that as you dilute the espresso with milk there'd be less bitterness or other negatives to detect in the taste.
    I like my coffe black, but my wife likes it with some mik. She thinks the coffee from this machine is terrific. No formal lattes or cappuccinos yet, but I plan on doing those in the near future.
    Alex

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links