Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I don't think I've ever seen a product designed in way that a prospective buyer could not figure out what the product is without being told. Seems like the designer may not understand why doing so might be a good idea. Is this a pump or tap action?

a pump action!

i like the look of it, I really do!!!
    Last edited by coughee1; 05-03-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coughee1 View Post
    It's a nicely designed object...just gives absolutely no clues as to what it does. Once a consumer knows what they are seeing, and they like it, then it has a chance of making onto their "must have" list. That is my ONLY criticism...the design puts more of a burden on the marketing and distribution folks....just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    It's a nicely designed object...just gives absolutely no clues as to what it does. Once a consumer knows what they are seeing, and they like it, then it has a chance of making onto their "must have" list. That is my ONLY criticism...the design puts more of a burden on the marketing and distribution folks....just sayin'...
    Over 2K though... Jeez. Basically three THOUSAND dollars. Would much rather spend that money a great espresso machine and good grinder (which is entirely possible). Can easily get great equipment from a number of classifieds sites in the US.

I hear you man, was just going on a first look, after reading some reviews there seems to be a few hazardous elements. They have a bit of time thought still to refine as the release date isn't until December. These things have had quite the build up it seems. Can't believe I have only just become aware. Reviewed here last year....

http://www.cnet.com/products/ikawa-home-coffee-roaster/
    Last edited by coughee1; 05-03-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    Anyone willing to spend that kind of money to roast 60g of coffee deserves this...

Attachment 5723

Just sayin'....
    hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by coughee1 View Post
    Wait...are you talking about the IKAWA roaster or the coffee brewer??

Well I was looking at the brewer initially and then started to look at the roaster, so I suppose I have been a little confusing! Apologies.

This is called Cocoon Coffee maker (well for obvious reason) and designed by Jan konig (over letter "o" there are two dots, but I do not know how to type it. Must be north part of European). It says that your coffee will be heated perfectly and stay warm longer. The dual sphere design is not only looking cool, but also serves to distribute heat perfectly as you brew your coffee. Also, when it is done, the outer bowl acts as an insulator.

Personally, it does not look that expensive (of course, unless it is MADE IN SWEDEN OR NORWAY). I would love to buy one, but I can not find where to buy. Does anyone knows?

IKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-cocoon-coffee-pot1.jpgIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-cocoon-coffee-pot2.jpgIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-cocoon-coffee-pot3.jpgIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-cocoon-coffee-pot4.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-cocoon-coffee-maker.jpg  

Super Moderator
    Alex,

Do are you using a computer with Windows?

If you click on Start, and Run and type charmap you will see a chart of symbols. You then select the symbol you want to use. Click copy and then go to where you want to put the symbol and click paste to insert it.

It worked for me here:

There are several ways to get the Windows character map chart: Here is some more information about it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=windows-vista.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elfQ48Q8CEw

Rose
    Last edited by PinkRose; 05-28-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links