Options for batch brew

border_beans

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I am opening a coffee trailer and have come to the realization that I cannot have a drip brewer due to wiring, as is. The people who owned the trailer before just used a French press, however I would like to be able to brew larger batches to be sold. Are there any options for batch brewers that would not require electricity? A commercial pour over machine or something? I will be serving high end coffee beans and would like to feature the quality of the coffee.

Well, you have to heat the water. If you have enough power for that, then you have enough for a coffee maker. If you wish to feature high end coffee beans, they won't mean squat, because the water has to be the right temperature. Is it safe to say that your trailer is only wired for 12 volt? You can get an inverter to run off of your vehicle that will produce enough power to run either a coffee maker, or a hot water source like a hot kettle. Sorry, but without knowing more about the trailer set up, that's all I can offer.

border_beans

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the response. And yes, I should clarify - there is electricity, however there are not enough outlets to run the espresso machine, coffee grinder, and a drip brewer. I do realize this can probably be fixed but I'm thinking about any work arounds in the meantime.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the response. And yes, I should clarify - there is electricity, however there are not enough outlets to run the espresso machine, coffee grinder, and a drip brewer. I do realize this can probably be fixed but I'm thinking about any work arounds in the meantime.
Will this do?

[h=1]Belkin 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Power Strip Surge Protector with 8-Foot Power Cord[/h]
71FsRZc7YQL._SL1500_.jpg

Before you add a power strip, make sure the outlet feeding it can handle what you plan to pull from it. A 3 burner brewer will pull close to 15 amps by itself. Grinder can pull another 5 amps. Espresso machine varies greatly on the range of power needed. Are you running off of a generator, or plugged in to a building?

border_beans

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
We are about 80% solar and will also be plugged in to a building line for the espresso machine and anything that requires more power, however this is somewhat limited.

Rustlen

Dec 9, 2020
Cwmbran
Visit site
Dude, you are complicating things way too much. I mean, let's be objective, you can just get a Power Cord like the one recommended by ensoluna. I also have such a power cord, and I have to tell you that it is amazing actually. And here you are, you have enough outlets for the espresso machine, coffee grinder, and a drip brewer, it is just that easy. However, you might need to change the electricity plan in case you are going to have so many devices connected at the same time. I would recommend you to write a letter of authority for a broker who would contact the suppliers. If you do not know how to write such a letter, you can find an useful article in here simplyswitch.com. They have explained really well what is an authority letter and why we need it.

Last edited: