Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Most unusual coffee machines and anything related?

I got to say this is one of the most impressive looking coffee machine.
    It is called Sculptural coffee steam from the Dutch Lab.
    it is a stunning art and high-tech not to mention so unusual coffee machine that ... when / if I can sell few containers to cafe imports, I really would like to buy one for our company in Guatemala. Probably we would be the first and last one ever in entire Guatemala.

Most unusual coffee machines and anything related?-1.jpg

Banned
    Hey, this is Minipresso: espresso on the go

This is something we all can afford to have. Actually, before I leave to Guatemala next Wednesday, I am thinking to buy one from Amazon.com
    it is not so expensive, around $40.00
    this is called Minipresso (good name) and only 15 cm height and is placed 50 grams of coffee, a cup provided and only need hot water.

has anyone tried this? or have one? please let me know how you like or dislike it.
    Your input will help me to purchase or not-purchase.
    thanks.

Super Moderator
    I met the guys at handpresso a few years back...man they were awesome! I think it was Long Beach convention. Met them at their booth and ended up partying with them that night. Went back the next day and played with their little machine. It was pretty neat...I am sure they have come a long way since then. I think I am going to look into buying the one you posted about..just want to see how the pressure is built up..is it a cartridge or hand pump? Thanks for sharing!!
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I met the guys at handpresso a few years back...man they were awesome! I think it was Long Beach convention. Met them at their booth and ended up partying with them that night. Went back the next day and played with their little machine. It was pretty neat...I am sure they have come a long way since then. I think I am going to look into buying the one you posted about..just want to see how the pressure is built up..is it a cartridge or hand pump? Thanks for sharing!!
    also thanks for sharing your personal experience. it is hand pump. actually I see many similar things in amazon. but i think that minipresso is the one of the originals.

Banned
    We all have an alarm clock or at least you can use your cell phone for alarm to wake you up.
    but how about waking up from a pleasant smell of coffee and gentle sounds of the process of brewing coffee?
    This coffee machine is from a company called "Barisieur" (French? not sure, but I certainly can not say the name :+) No matter what, it IS a lot cooler than my normal coffee brewing machine. Love to have it right next to my bed side)

Banned
    Simple looking ones that look more like a lab equipments.
    It is called Cafe Balao (by David Mateus). A pair of round, hand blown fasks. And one has a hole for the boiler.
    this siphon coffee maker uses pressure and vaccum evaporation to brew coffee.

Banned
    This simple and 18th century looking coffee apparatus (if you can call that...) is called "Miniatyuarnaya coffee" (if you can pronounce that...)

An individual instance, made of wood and as you can see, just mounted on top of your cup. Poured the ground coffee is poured hot water and brewed coffee.
    it uses metal filter. Available in 3 different types of wood which will eventually absorb the aroma of coffee (so what is the point??!!).

Probably this thing is ridiculously expensive that common mortals can not afford, just like a bottle of water in Starbucks.... why would you want to pay $2.99 for a small bottle of water that you can pay $0.25 from Costco? (well, someone might say.... it IS a special water from Starbucks!!!! okay, okay, you win :+)

Banned
    Two transparent ball mounted on a special device and everything is ready for brewing coffee. Fill balloons with water, add coffee grounds in a container with a filter, substitute a mug or cup and turn on the unit. Ready to drink. It looks very simplistic and cool design. Love to have one for home.

Banned
    Piamo - Microwave oven espresso gadget?

when I watched the youtube on this, it really looked interesting. Microwave oven creates the heat & pressure to push down the water to make an espresso.
    It is an unique concept.
    when I check this model in amazon.com, I could not find it, but "Black & Decker" sells Espresso Mio Microwave cappuccino at ebay.

Only it has four pcs and 30 seconds in Microwave, Viola! an espresso.
    by looking at the youtube, it seems like it works well, but I just wonder how the taste will be like.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=201&v=uuaBveGxrEw

Banned
    Burr Grinder concept espresso machine.
    I wonder how will it taste compared to the espresso that I can make via AeroPress.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLSQtKTYp5s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links