Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What is the best espresso machine for me

This is a discussion on What is the best espresso machine for me within the Coffee and Espresso Machines forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Originally Posted by abbycole I have a custom grinder hamilton beach. I use it for espresso and mochas I like you...

Quote Originally Posted by abbycole View Post
    I have a custom grinder hamilton beach. I use it for espresso and mochas
    I like you
    Last edited by PinkRose; 03-14-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Removed link to "Ganocafe" from his signature

2. # ADS

Starbucks Verismo is the best deal I could find

So far the Starbucks Verismo I bought a few weeks ago is working great! I love that the taste - even though not exactly equal to the one you get at the stores - is about 97% close to the real deal. I love the feeling of waking up in the morning, putting in one of the pods, and making a delicious espresso. The machine looks great and makes wonderful espresso and coffee. The milk pod is also really great and an innovation for Starbucks. It's really the best deal I could find out there, just $200. Here's a page that talks about all the pros (and more importantly the negatives!) of buying the Starbucks Verismo: Starbucks Verismo Reviews

What is the best espresso machine for me-starbucksverismo.jpg

What is the best espresso machine for me

Nice try Starbucks rep! (6 posts, joined 2 days ago, all posts mentioning Starbucks)

Super Moderator
    It's either that or he really, really, really loves his Verismo

How about the La Pavoni line, specifically the La Pavoni Napolitana Stainless Steel Automatic Espresso Machine. You won't be breaking the bank but you will be getting a fantastic great quality product for the money you spend. Most reviews I've read on this product talk about the years this machine has lasted them. Also has some great features.

maybe you all could recommend a grinder before throwing a machine up? i have learned that the grinder is more important than anything in the coffee process.

I have the la pavoni pc-16, and while it has some amazing attributes, it also has its drawbacks. while it is a very handsome machine, in addition to be robust and easy to repair, it has shortcomings such as the lack of a three way valve, which can make follow up shots difficult and it may sneeze at you. also, the grouphead gets very hot, effecting the follow up shots. it is great for making yourself a drink, but becomes troublesome if you want to make drinks for several people.

whatever you get, make sure to budget a decent burr grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo45 View Post
    I have the la pavoni pc-16, and while it has some amazing attributes, it also has its drawbacks. while it is a very handsome machine, in addition to be robust and easy to repair, it has shortcomings such as the lack of a three way valve, which can make follow up shots difficult and it may sneeze at you. also, the grouphead gets very hot, effecting the follow up shots. it is great for making yourself a drink, but becomes troublesome if you want to make drinks for several people.
    Lack of a 3-way solenoid can be a blessing as that's one less thing to clog and/or require maintenance. Although it's best to wait 1 minute~ for pressure to dissipate, you can try this... slowly raise the lever while slowly unlocking the portafilter. It shouldn't take much upward movement to accomplish this and it should release the vacuum on the puck without causing a mess. That's what I did with my manual lever often and it worked well.

Levers can heat up with consecutive shots, but you can run the portafilter under cool water between shots or place a wet towel over the group between shots. Either method will help pull a bit of heat out of the group/portafilter, therefore dropping the brew temperature down several degrees.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo45 View Post
    and it may sneeze at you.
    I knew what you meant, but I still had to laugh!

Rose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads