Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    37

    stone vs iron steel when grinding coffee !

    Hi everybody here

    I need to know what is better to get best aroma and taste when grinding coffee. Some people advice with iron steel plate but other advice with stones

    So what is your comment and advice .
    Last edited by PinkRose; 11-08-2014 at 06:00 AM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    37
    i hope you understand me question well , i mean the millstone wich come in vertical grinding mill

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    5,043
    Hi Hanytrade,

    It seems like you are asking about the grinder on a verticle grinding mill.

    Are you asking if metal is better than stone?

    I don't know if anyone on this forum has a verticle grinding mill. If they do, I'm sure they will reply to your question.

    Rose

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hi Hanytrade,

    It seems like you are asking about the grinder on a verticle grinding mill.

    Are you asking if metal is better than stone?

    I don't know if anyone on this forum has a verticle grinding mill. If they do, I'm sure they will reply to your question.

    Rose
    thank you for your repy . and yes that what i mean what is better metal or stone ?. and does stone effect the taste and flavor and oil ..?
    Last edited by hanytrade; 11-09-2014 at 12:30 PM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    37
    for ppl who dont know the vertical grinding mill and mill stone . they are in attatchment , and btw this vertical grinding mill grind 300 kg/h so fine coffee ( turkish coffee )

    but iam afraid this stone effect the aroma and flavore and oil of coffee

    so any advice will be great

    stone vs iron steel when grinding coffee !-h_section_detail.jpg

    stone vs iron steel when grinding coffee !-sell_grinding_mill_stone.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stone vs iron steel when grinding coffee !-diamant_page_1.jpg   stone vs iron steel when grinding coffee !-stones.jpg  

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,597
    I had a stone grinder years ago...bought it from Ambex. I do not think they sold very many. Selling point was it didn't heat up during grinding large amounts and could grind finer I believe...great for Turkish coffee. Problem is I didn't sell a lot of Turkish coffee.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I had a stone grinder years ago...bought it from Ambex. I do not think they sold very many. Selling point was it didn't heat up during grinding large amounts and could grind finer I believe...great for Turkish coffee. Problem is I didn't sell a lot of Turkish coffee.
    thank you for your reply

    and what about your opinion does it effect aroma . flavor and quality of coffee ?
    A sound espresso in a sound mind

  8. #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,597
    To be honest...it was over 20 years ago. I just remember that it made very consistent turkish ground coffee. I Think the stones were more polished than the ones in your pics..but like I said it was a long time a go.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    To be honest...it was over 20 years ago. I just remember that it made very consistent turkish ground coffee. I Think the stones were more polished than the ones in your pics..but like I said it was a long time a go.
    i import it from DANMARK and they told me they have a spcial millstone for coffee and it work great as a produce very big quantity , as a aroma and flavor it good but i ask my question to be satisfy i have best aroma avilable or not

    anyway i have to make a compare with my self

    thank you
    A sound espresso in a sound mind

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Stainless steel coffee mugs, 201 or 304?
    By blakeV in forum Coffee Table
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 01:37 AM
  2. What size stainless steel airpot for coffee shop?
    By KMM in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
  3. NEW: 20 lb. Capacity All Stainless Steel Coffee Roaster Drum for BBQ Grills
    By coffeeroastersclub in forum Business to Business B2B
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
  4. All stainless steel coffee maker?
    By coffeepotato in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 02:05 AM
  5. Stainless steel 10-12 cup coffee maker advice needed
    By majax79 in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 09:19 AM

Search tags for this page

iron grinding stone

Click on a term to search for related topics.