Gaggia MD 15 vs Graef CM 702

dimitris___

Oct 20, 2023
Greece
Visit site
Hello!

After some market research, I have narrowed down my choices to the following two espresso coffee grinders, and I would like your opinion and any additional information you may have about both models:

1. Gaggia MD 15
  2. Graef CM 702
I've read that for both grinders, a minor adjustment is needed to achieve a fine espresso grind, and I'm comfortable with that.

1. I've noticed there are significantly more review videos available for the Graef CM 702 compared to the Gaggia MD 15, suggesting it might be more popular for some reason.
  2. Additionally, the Graef CM 702 offers 24 grind settings, while the Gaggia MD 15 provides 12. I'm curious if this means the Graef CM 702 offers better control over grind coarseness. For instance, when adjusting from level 1 to level 2 on the Graef, I suspect the burrs will move closer together compared to the same adjustment on the Gaggia.
  3. I've also read that the Graef CM 702 leaves about 1-2 grams of coffee inside the grinder after grinding. I haven't come across a similar comment about the Gaggia (perhaps due to fewer reviews or because it doesn't retain grounds during grinding).
Any information you can provide about these grinders will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, Dimitris