acquisition of existing shop...questions

coco

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
If I follow through with the purchase, this is a shop that has been trading for 18 years.

Question #1:
Does anyone have an opinion on the name.

I can think of a reason to continue under the current name, and don't want ego to cause me to change it, but
wonder if there are sound reasons for doing so.

Question #2: Is there any rocket science to selecting a roaster? Cupping sessions don't seem to provide the reality of
what the brewed bean will taste like, and frankly, I wouldn't want MY favorite brew more than what would be popular among
the masses.

I would think great customer service would be important....crucial though? Not sure.

What if I discovered a terrific flavored bean that needs to be shipped, for instance from an adjacent state? That seems sort of
wrong, but what if it tastes great? Is the freshness factor the most important?

Ideally, I think the roaster would provide espresso machine maintenance, and possibly training sessions for staff. Of course
I can train. What do you think about ongoing equipment needs?

Question #3:
I can pour a good shot, I steam my milk properly. But, if I want to be as expert as possible, where do I best learn this art?
SCAA?

Thank you kindly.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
1. New name will bring new faces but could lose old
2. If they are successful, why change, if they are not successful, you need to change A-Z, You need to do more research on roasters. I can recommend you one if you still need. PM me your location. The roasters will not provide any tyep of maintenance of your machine. You need to do those. Some will help you with purchasing at discount prices.
3. SCAA is good place to start. But there are many out there including some on Youtube.

Good Luck