Banned

Adopt coffee tree + 1lb coffee directly Bolivia farm to your house

This morning I came across this farm in Boliva.
    the coffee brand from this farm is called "apasionado coffee" and they want you to adopt a coffee tree, then, they will send you a photo of the adopted coffee tree plus one pound of Specialty coffee with certificate of tree adoption. All this at $39.00

Adopt a Coffee Tree and enjoy 1 bag of Specialty Coffee | Apasionado Coffee

When I checked their web, it says about all for good cause...etc (of course!), but all this worth $39.00?
    is this for the good cause? or for one pound of Specialty coffee (supposedly) or just another marketing tactic from a very remote coffee farm in Bolivia?

My 2.5 cents? It's kind of like having a star named after you, but with a gift of coffee. I've never had a star named after me, but if coffee were involved, I'd probably have a galaxy named after me...just sayin'...

MP

Super Moderator
    I wonder if they find one coffee tree (bush) that's healthy and photo worthy, and then use that one tree for taking the photos of the "adopted" coffee tree along with the adoption plaque card.

I guess it could be a unique gift for someone who is hard to buy for.

Banned
    I think that I have a better IDEA.
    how about sponsoring a kid who his/her parents work in a coffee farm and not be able to go to school due to lack of money.
    with about $40 per month, A school can feed the kid, give him/her education, buy shoes and clothing for WHOLE ONE MONTH! And bi-annual heath & dental check up!

THEN, the farm or coffee company can send you some sort of certificate (not that you really needed for your good deed) and send you one pound of coffee, yes, specialty coffee.

isn't that better idea? rather than adopting a coffee bush?

PS: instead of certificate, they can send you a complete profile of the kid, monthly educational progress, and if you have time, you can even visit the school while getting a free coffee education from the farm or coffee exporting company. What a great Idea, right?

Adopt coffee tree + 1lb coffee directly Bolivia farm to your house-win_20150817_121145.jpgAdopt coffee tree + 1lb coffee directly Bolivia farm to your house-win_20150817_121231-2-.jpgAdopt coffee tree + 1lb coffee directly Bolivia farm to your house-img_20160829_153844.jpg
    Last edited by ensoluna; 08-29-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Banned
    WHAT IF a child's education and well-being is involved??? what would you prefer to have your named after you?.... just sayin'....

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    WHAT IF a child's education and well-being is involved??? what would you prefer to have your named after you?.... just sayin'....
    I'm not sure what you referring to here. The coffee tree? The kid you're sponsoring?

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    I think that I have a better IDEA.
    how about sponsoring a kid who his/her parents work in a coffee farm and not be able to go to school due to lack of money.
    with about $40 per month, A school can feed the kid, give him/her education, buy shoes and clothing for WHOLE ONE MONTH! And bi-annual heath & dental check up!

THEN, the farm or coffee company can send you some sort of certificate (not that you really needed for your good deed) and send you one pound of coffee, yes, specialty coffee.

isn't that better idea? rather than adopting a coffee bush?

PS: instead of certificate, they can send you a complete profile of the kid, monthly educational progress, and if you have time, you can even visit the school while getting a free coffee education from the farm or coffee exporting company. What a great Idea, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20150817_121145.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	821.4 KB 
ID:	6206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20150817_121231 (2).JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	936.7 KB 
ID:	6207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160829_153844.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	6208
    Of course you're right, Alex. Adopting a coffee "bush" just puts money in the hands of the farmer...not necessarily a bad thing if one knows whether the "farmer" is actually the person growing the coffee or a large benficio or coop. $40.00/month is not a lot in this country, but look how much it can do in a coffee producing country.

Peaberry

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links