Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Single Origin Coffee in Florida

Hello folks,

I live in Saint Petersburg and I want to get into all the different types of single origin coffee including Jamaica blue mountain. What is the best place to get the best quality coffee in the Saint Petersburg Pinellas county area?

Do a google search for a coffee roaster in your area... visit as many as you can!

Super Moderator
    I hit up a few coffee roasters when I was in St Pete a month ago. Coffee Lab was pretty cool, Buddy Brew in Tampa(on Kennedy) is aces...In St Pete, Kahwa(475 2nd st) was ok and no name java at 667 central was cool...didnt' have time to check out black crow but if you do let me know its at 722 2nd st N. Hope this helps.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I hit up a few coffee roasters when I was in St Pete a month ago. Coffee Lab was pretty cool, Buddy Brew in Tampa(on Kennedy) is aces...In St Pete, Kahwa(475 2nd st) was ok and no name java at 667 central was cool...didnt' have time to check out black crow but if you do let me know its at 722 2nd st N. Hope this helps.
    I got to black crow all the time. They have pretty good coffee. The espresso is weird to me as it taste fruity to me which I don't like. I like that traditional burnt marshmallow taste that Italian espresso is known for.

I'm just wondering when I decide to start a shop. Really neverous if I should do one. I never have worked for one.

Super Moderator
    I would try working in one before you decide if you like it or not.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

You really think so?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeMusic View Post
    You really think so?
    I'm not sure if you're thinking about opening a café or if you're thinking of opening up a coffee roasting business.

I believe that many of the members of this Coffee Forum would recommend that you work in a coffee shop first, so you can determine whether or not it's for you. You may be surprised to discover how much work is involved in owning your own shop. Plus, you're going to need to invest some time into learning about the world of coffee. There is soooooo much to learn.

I'd say work at one first. Then get a hold of a Dunn & Bradstreet first research report on coffee shops since that is what the bank will use to determine your eligibility for funding. Here is the first paragraph of the 13 page report under the paragraph heading of "competitive landscape". First mention is "prime location", and prime locations have very high rent. Then download a 12 month financial plan on excel and see what it would take to make the numbers work.
    Consumer taste and personal income drive demand. The profitability of individual companies depends on the ability to secure prime locations, drive store traffic, and deliver high-quality products. Large companies have advantages in purchasing, finance, and marketing. mall companies can compete effectively by offering specialized products, serving a local market, or providing superior customer service.

You just need do a research

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links