Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BIC

what do you think about "expensive specialty instant coffee" lke Sudden Coffee?

it has been few years since high quality, expensive, instant coffee came into our market.
    one of the brands that I actually have tried and reviewed was Sudden Coffee.
    it used to be $4.00 a stick (8 oz coffee making) which I thought incredibly expensive for what it is, but when I just checked their website, it came down to $2.50 for a stick/ servicing.

however, I do not know whether Sudden coffee went out of busines or not, but the website says that delivery time is 60 days after you place an order. does anyone know whether they are still in business?
    I do not think that anyone who wants to drink specialty instant coffee would want to wait 60 days for delivery.
    kind of beat the purpose of "instant" coffee thing.

anyway, what do you all think about this specialty instant coffee thing?
    when I reviewed it few years back, it was good. actually very good, better than most of regular brewed coffee.

thanks and your future comments.

Super Moderator
    Maybe they made a mistake on the website and someone meant to write 6 days (instead of 60 days) ???

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Maybe they made a mistake on the website and someone meant to write 6 days (instead of 60 days) ???
    that I wouldn't know, but if they had, probably many has had pointed that out long time ago....,.

I believe they are a really small company... I would imagine its supply and demand.

Super Moderator
    It doesn't look like there is a mistake of the website.

The Sudden Coffee website says (in red type):

We are currently experiencing excessive delays. Orders will ship 60 days after order

It also says Sold Out.

The packaging looks interesting. It would make a nice little gift for someone who likes instant coffee.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    It doesn't look like there is a mistake of the website.

The Sudden Coffee website says (in red type):

We are currently experiencing excessive delays. Orders will ship 60 days after order

It also says Sold Out.

The packaging looks interesting. It would make a nice little gift for someone who likes instant coffee.
    yes, it would make a nice Christmas/ holiday gift set. And the coffee is also amazing as instant coffee.
    but 60 days????
    something is definitely wrong there...

Honestly I donít drink instant and Iíve tried it a couple times and never will I try instant again now that I know what real coffee is

Quote Originally Posted by wstsider View Post
    Honestly I donít drink instant and Iíve tried it a couple times and never will I try instant again now that I know what real coffee is
    Totally agree! No instant coffee (even the most expensive in the world!) can be as tasty and refreshing as real grinned coffee which is made properly!

BIC
    Over the weekend, I tried out WAKA coffee which I bought from Amazon. it is a specialty instant coffee that comes out to about $1.50 per serving, considerably lower cost than Sudden, Swift cup, Voila which are more than double, but quadruple than other commercial instants.

Since Business Insider voted WAKA as the best overall instant coffee of 2019, I just was curious how it would taste.

it was VERY SMOOTH, LOW ACIDITY (which is very different/better than other cheap instant coffees). Very slight fruity flavors without burned taste.
    Way better than cheaper commercial ones, but still not as good as other more expensive brands, Sudden, Voila which I had tried long time ago.

If someone asks me whether this WAKA is better than brewed cup?
    Depends.. depends on what kind of beans you are using and how freshly roasted those beans are...
    however, I was pleasantly surprised....

This could be a perfect travelling coffee for me since I go to where decent cup of coffees are not available.

Instant Coffee is not quality coffee, if coffee at all, it's made for convenience, great coffee takes awhile to brew.
    Essential Wonders Coffee Company

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links