How Much Work Can A Probat L5 Take?
This is a discussion on How Much Work Can A Probat L5 Take? within the Coffee Roasters forums, part of the Coffee Industry category; I know this is a very old thread, but Robert asked a question that I am trying to find the answer to. "roughly how much ...
- 01-09-2013 04:12 AM #11
I know this is a very old thread, but Robert asked a question that I am trying to find the answer to.
"roughly how much propane is used per hour of roasting?"
Say I'm roasting 3 batches an hour, what is the weight of propane used on average.
I'm just looking for a ball park figure to do some initial costings. If anyone can give me any idea that would be great.
- 01-09-2013 04:12 AM # ADS
- 01-09-2013 06:00 AM #12
depends on how much you are trying to roast and also the different roaster would require different propane output.... Some of the roaster use different heating system.....
- 01-09-2013 12:54 PM #13
Ah, I thought I said, the roaster is an L5 Probat.
I'm trying to work out the cost of running the machine, so the hourly propane usage based on 3 batches of 11kg per hour would be perfect.
The hourly usage might not be a figure people have to hand, so if anyone roasts on an L5 and can give me the typical propane usage in a week, that would be really useful to me.
Any help appreciated...
- 01-10-2013 10:48 AM #14
Have you contacted Probat directly? Here is their info...
PROBAT BURNS Inc.
5334 Republic Drive
Memphis, TN 38118
Phone +1 (901) 363-5331"Wine is for aging, not coffee."
Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch
- By ddchef in forum Coffee Industry ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 07-20-2009, 01:56 PM
- By WolfLarsen in forum Coffee TableReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2006, 11:40 PM
- By Ashura in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 6Last Post: 08-15-2006, 07:39 PM
- By jcambece in forum Coffee TableReplies: 0Last Post: 02-02-2006, 09:52 AM
- By Rowley in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 17Last Post: 06-05-2005, 08:38 AM