Results 21 to 30 of 41
- 02-04-2014, 09:31 AM #21
Thank you Shawarma. When did you leave Saudi Arabia? I currently live and in Saihat although my home town is Al-Ahsa. Both are close to Khobar. I will open the coffee shop in Saihat.
I have not been to US in my life, but I have been to Starbucks . Do you consider Starbucks a true representative of American experience?
This forum is so good. There is no similar Arabic forum. I will consider there would be a difference between USA and Saudi Arabia in terms of doing business. There is good weekend and evening traffic in my side, but I would have preferred to be in the other side of the road where there is also more morning traffic.
Since you lived in Khobar, you know that the sitting areas in our shops are designated either for single men or for women and families. My coffee shop will be directed towards women and families since we have a shortage of coffee shops offering sitting areas for them.
Last edited by Mustafa_AJR; 02-04-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: additional information
- 03-04-2014, 08:41 AM #22
February went while we are still working to get the municipality approval. They required things the internet did not mention as usual. Finishing from one division and going to another department reveals other requirements like video games.
I am currently waiting for two things:
1) The municipality asked for the registration license of the real state office which rented us the place. That is because the office is in another town and not in their data base. Then, I came to know that the office license is expired. I am waiting for him to finish his renewal.
2) hey need a 2D sketch stamped by an engineering office. I am currently had contract with an interior design office, which I also came to know that he is not registered to stamp 2D sketches because they are not engineering office, but he said he will finish the 2D sketch and I will take it to somebody else for stamping. He is already late now and he is promising to finish it withing 1 week.
Other than that:
1. We hired the interior design office with a turn key cost of $21000 no including the second bathroom, sofas, and tables. He is the same quoted $15000 but when we came back to hire him he said he miss calculated it.
2. The interior design office already demolished the existing decorations.
3. We visited a lot of coffee shops. None of barista who took my contacts showed interest to work in our coffee shop.
4. We did not decide the supplier of our coffee yet. One of distributers we visited order roasted coffee from Italy and assures that it can be stored for 3 years without any problem which completely contradicts the information in this forum.
Last edited by Mustafa_AJR; 03-05-2014 at 11:19 PM.
- 03-05-2014, 09:58 PM #23
Hi Mustafa, just wanted to drop a line and let you know that Starbucks IS NOT a true representation of America. I have been to many countries in the northern hemisphere from China to wherever (Turkey was as south as I went), and people around the world have wrong impressions of America, and Americans; mostly due to our corporations.
Anyway, enough with the politics... coffee is for friendship, and sharing good moments with good people... Good luck with your business; I am sure you will be quite successful!
- 03-16-2014, 12:05 PM #24
- 05-01-2014, 01:03 PM #25
I am happy to share our progress up to may 1st. We are still preparing the place. I completed installing the drainage pipelines for new hitchen and new lady bathroom which involved several days of breakung the floor concrete using jackhammer. I ins5alled also new utility lines up to the main tank on the roof of the building since the original utility line were partially blocked with salt and the water flow through them was week. This is the only major accomplishment. The interior designer is currently working on the ceiling jepsum board installation and wiring for the new lighting fixtures.
Regading municipality approval, we finished the 2d drawing stamped by engineering office. They are now waiting for us to finish the kitchen to come for inspection.
The interior designer also completed the 3D design and we accepted it.
Last edited by Mustafa_AJR; 05-01-2014 at 01:08 PM.
- 05-01-2014, 01:15 PM #26
Thank you for the update!
It sounds like you have made a lot of progress. Best wishes for continued success.
- 02-02-2015, 12:12 AM #27
Good morning to you all,
Now one year has passed since I rented the place, it is my pleasure to put an update. I did not recieve the municipality liscence yet, but they told me they will issue it soon. I collected more money and paid second year rental fees. The decorations are almost finished except the wall papers which should arrive next week. The tables and chairs are expected to be ready the week after.
- 02-02-2015, 05:48 AM #28
Thanks again for the latest update. It sounds like you're making slow, but steady progress.
When the decorations and furniture are ordered and planned for, it means you're getting close to seeing your opening day.
Best wishes for many good days ahead.
- 02-05-2015, 01:57 AM #29
Its really good post and I thank you and wish you all success in your lifeAdvertising URL in Signature Line Removed by Moderator.
- 04-03-2015, 02:52 AM #30
Hey Mustafa, amazing progress, any photos of your progress, stages, it's exciting to see a new venture taking shape.
- By Mr Shave in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 35Last Post: 06-04-2013, 08:34 PM
- By MommaLovesCoffee in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 11Last Post: 04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
- By dicoffeeshop in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 12Last Post: 11-27-2012, 01:07 AM
- By JitteryCoffee in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 7Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
- By starside8 in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Search tags for this page
can i start coffee shop in saudi,
coffee brands in saudi arabia,
drive thru cafe in riyadh,
espresso roasters in saudi arabia,
floor plan coffee shop,
how much money does it take to open a cafe in saudi arabia,
open a shop in saudi arabia,
registered coffee shops in saudi arabia,
shop rent in riyadh,
starting a cafe i saudi arabia
Click on a term to search for related topics.