Opening day! but a soft opening

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Couldn't wait any longer for things to be hooked up and back ordered equipment be delivered. Hung a flag off my door that says Open and within 20 minutes potential customers were coming in to check the place out and try the coffee. Not one complaint everyone raved about the different choices I offered. Everyone was saying they have been waiting for me to open and would purposely drive by to see if it happened yet. So a 53.00 flag setup got the ball rolling. I will admit the ego was getting up there with all the compliments but I am down back to my normal self. Having the roaster in plain view with the sacks of green beans made an impression on customers. "Can't get any fresher" was my selling point. Hopefully everything will get done soon and I can have a grand opening. One customer came in and mentioned how when she was in Ireland they would top the coffee off with whipped cream, she failed to mention the double shot of Jamesons, an how she wished she could get that. Light Bulb!! I told her I make my own whipped cream and could offer her an Irish coffee without the Irish in it!! A dark Costa Rica Tarrazu topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with turbinado sugar and smoked sea salt!! New drink has been added to my menu. Thinking about calling it a "Half a Mik" with that said and done off to clean up today's mess. No sink plumbed in yet so washing everything is a real pain!!

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
Congratulations Charlie! If I am ever in the area, I would like to drop in.
Could you provide info? Please! If you would rather pm, that is fine.
Do not want to cause any Forum advertising trouble. Excited for you!

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Thanks for the upbeat well wishes everyone!! today was so hectic and I am finding that after every customer leaves I need to rearrange items to be more efficient!