Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks all for your valued comments. I just placed an order for a Capresso 565 and will continue to use the Hario on sailing/camping trips.

What? The Capresso didn't have any negative reviews?

I hope I'm wrong, but when you need service, have fun calling Capresso.

I bought a used 2-YO Baratza on craigslist that stopped working shortly after getting it home. I called Baratza, they diagnosed it over the phone, and sent parts at no charge - not even postage. I hear stuff like that all the time on coffee forums. I don't think there's another company with better customer service.

The Capresso may be as good a grinder in the short term, but IMHO, I wouldn't buy anything other than a Baratza.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjschmidt View Post
    I don't see the OP asking about grinding for espresso. For everything non-espresso, the Encore wins over the Lido 2 hands down, assuming you have electricity.
    The OP was talking about a Hario, which means he's using a manual grinder. The Lido 2 is more efficient, assuming he wants to save some time.

FYI I don't see the OP denying that he does not grind for espresso

Is there a unbiased website that does "side by side" comparisons of equipment related to coffee making? I guess something similar to Consumer Reports? I think my next purchase will be to upgrade from my Cuisinart coffee maker. I am aware of SCCA but am looking for more detailed test results instead of a summary.

Mike, YES... you can modify your Hario hand grinder with a drill! see this video: https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...CY&h=GAQG8iF6g

I used to do this until I bought myself a baratza encore for Christmas ($130)... I'm happy with it so far... much less of a hassle then hand grinding... I posted how I use it to brew with a french press here, enjoy: http://youtu.be/2jeK1GzdX9g

I have a small electric grinder. It's a Kitchen aid. I did my consumer checks on an item I could afford and this had the best reviews but as I use it I am not too impressed. i do love how quiet it is compared to others I have used but the grinds are all over the board.some fine ,some coarse and everything in between. Any suggestions on a grinder under $100 ? or should I bite the bullet and go for broke on a more pricey unit??

Mike this is my first post but I have a little experience with the Capresso and the Hario. I have only had the Hario for about a month and am still experimenting. For drip, I have been backing off the adjustment collar 5 notches. I can grind 2/3 cup of beans in about 4-5 minutes by hand or 1-2 minutes using my battery operated drill at slow-steady speed. The nuts I bought are M6-1.00 and a 10mm socket is the fit if you want to try the drill. I like my capresso and had been using it daily but the Hario is much easier to clean right and if you figure cleaning time, It's about a tie as to which one is easier for everyday use. That being said, I have been using the Hario most lately.

I agree the Capresso is harder to clean and takes up a bit of time each day. I love the Hario and use it for when I am traveling.

16,400 gal gunite, intelliflo pump, 400k btu heater, polaris 360, aqualink RS-6. Highland Village, TX.

Quote Originally Posted by H12Mike View Post
    I agree the Capresso is harder to clean and takes up a bit of time each day. I love the Hario and use it for when I am traveling.

16,400 gal gunite, intelliflo pump, 400k btu heater, polaris 360, aqualink RS-6. Highland Village, TX.
    howdy neighbor!! Bossier City , La here

Seattle coffee gear does a lot of reviews of top products .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links