Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Good coffee comes from "perfectly ripe coffee cherries".
    that is where everything begins. if you have un-ripe cherries or over-ripe cherries, even if you are world barista champion, you will make a horrible coffee.

these right ripe cherries are picked by HANDS. over 4 month of time.
    it is because the coffee cherries do not ripe at once.
    if you look at the photo, from these cherries, only 3 or 4 might be the right ones to be picked. for others, you have to wait a month or two in order to be ripped perfectly.

it is normal that coffee pickers in a farm must go thru a same coffee plant 20 times in 4 month period in order to pick all the cherries.

WHAT is good COFFEE?  And how do you make it?-inkedripe-coffee-beans_li.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Yes we are always concerned about making good coffee and your post is helpful. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anni87 View Post
    Yes we are always concerned about making good coffee and your post is helpful. thanks
    thanks for reading some of my postings. Anni87, if you also have some good stories about coffee and things that you want to share with us, please post them here or make your own threads.

thanks and have a good day, Anni87 (are you 30 years old? :+)
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Good cup of coffee comes from freshly & "BEST" roasted coffee beans.
    so, what is the BEST roast? in my opinion, the best roast accentuates all the "origin character" of the coffee beans that reveals the qualities that identify the unique cup profiles of the cultivation origin.

this is usually associated with a light to medium roast.
    Coffees roasted to much darker levels have the roast cup profiles that overshadow the unique origin flavors.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Below article is about "what is not good coffee".

Devastating effects of over-production of inferior “technified coffee:”
    Technified coffee consists of mega-farms that produce massive amounts of beans that flood the market.
    * millions of coffee farmers live at or below the poverty line due to unfair trading practices.
    * “corporate coffee” production is the 2nd largest cause of Rainforest destruction.
    * technified coffees are the 2nd most heavily chemical pesticide sprayed crop in the world.
    * due to over production, much of the coffee sold on the market is stale.
    * over 70% of the coffee consumed in North America is grown on these mega-farms.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Really good coffee's taste can be as good as the aroma. But in most cases, the aroma can be much better than the taste of the coffee that you are drinking. Science has discovered that saliva wipes out nearly half of what makes the aroma so amazing, hence coffee really does smell better than it tastes!
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

I agree. All the coffee I've had over the last few months has smelled amazing. Right after I grind it I like to take a big whiff and then when the water first hits those grounds and starts blooming I'm all in for another big whiff.

But I just order one from the excellent cup (Costa Rica - Yellow Honey, Cumbres de Poas) that I was a little worried when I first smelled it but after having a couple cups I have to say it tastes way better than it smells, I was some what baffled as I have never had this happen but it's definitely on my list to try again. Also junpinjak has some good Costa Rica too.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffyjr View Post
    I agree. All the coffee I've had over the last few months has smelled amazing. Right after I grind it I like to take a big whiff and then when the water first hits those grounds and starts blooming I'm all in for another big whiff.

But I just order one from the excellent cup (Costa Rica - Yellow Honey, Cumbres de Poas) that I was a little worried when I first smelled it but after having a couple cups I have to say it tastes way better than it smells, I was some what baffled as I have never had this happen but it's definitely on my list to try again. Also junpinjak has some good Costa Rica too.
    glad that you are trying out from our forum roasters. They are all awesome.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links