Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Brazillian? any special reason? I am asking because i was thinking that you might be thinking of specific flavors or "body" (full body, thin body..etc) type or "more sweet"...etc?

as example, Ethiopian has fruity, flowery flavor with mid body. Guatemalan has chocolaty, caramel, full body...etc
    So I figured I would look for some coffee flavored coffee, that's why I thought Brazilian. A guy told me it is a "solid" coffee. My beer is already a little chocolaty and a little "dank" or earthy, also toasty. I would like cherry notes or caramel or flavors that tie in with those that I mentioned.

sorry but honestly, i do not know what kind of coffee I need to advise to you.
    anyway, just try good Brazil coffee, arabica, not robusta. and let us know how it turns out.
    thanks and good luck

sorry but honestly, i do not know what kind of coffee I need to advise to you.
    anyway, just try good Brazil coffee, arabica, not robusta. and let us know how it turns out.
    thanks and good luck
    No need for sorry, that is good information. There's a little coffee shop out here that roasts their own beans and the coffee is delicious. I'll see if they have what I need and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Most of good coffee beans come from higher elevation (over 4500 feet to 6500) because well cared coffee will produce more refined acidity, and more aromatic & flavorful coffee profile. Probably this might be "Coffee 101", but I am writing this for some of the new comers!.

WHAT is good COFFEE?  And How do you make them?-dtcoffeeclub.jpg

Check this out, too.

Great post.

Even George Howell said that he add sugar in his coffee when he just can not get a decent cup of coffee, specially when travelling. And I also wholeheartedly agree with him because when I am in Guatemala travelling, I go thru the same thing.

But we have to ask ourselves a question. Why and What is so bad about adding sugar into your coffee?

When we talk about Specialty coffee, it isn't made in a day or a week or even a month!. In Specialty coffee, everyone involved is working their butts off to bring the best coffee possible on the table. Furthermore, those flavors are unique! They are created mostly by coffee varietals, micro climate, weather, rain, fertilizer, shades and altitude and most importantly the PROCESSING METHOD.

And the roasters choose roast profiles that they truly believe will bring out the best taste in those coffee beans.

To me, personally, sugar is great for "bad coffees", but for the great coffees, it not only changes the flavors, but also MUTES the fine flavors of the specialty coffee.

I hope that when you find a good specialty coffee shop, try it without sugar. You might enjoy it way more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1guLO8raaj8

There is a coffee company called, Dapper Coffee, in Singapore. They have brought out two GLITTER COLD BREW drinks!
    They are called " Unicorn Tears (really?!)" & "Gold Brew (better than Unicorn Tears!).
    Supposedly, they are SOC Yirgacheffe from Ethiopia. I guess that they have infused some sort of "glitter" into the cold brew as a marketing gimmick.

So, is this a Good Coffee?. I think NOT.

While staying in Guatemala, Aeropress became my best friend. it is easy, portable and just need hot water to make some great coffee.
    I am sure that many of us have AP at your home. There are some important thing to remember when you use AP.
    here it is. BTW, I am not going to say things that most of us know, like washing AP with warm water before using it, using good water for your AP brew, Pre-wetting your paper filter..etc.

So, some important stuff.
    1. Ground bean : bit finer than drip grind.
    2. Add 50 ml and infuse for 30 sec. and add rest of water and little mix and wait 30 sec.
    3. Don't press FULL DISTANCE. Stop when you hear a hissing noise : why? you do not want to extract bitterness. (many people forget about this last part!)
    4. ENJOY!!!!! yes, this is the most important part and the best part of making AP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1guLO8raaj8

There is a coffee company called, Dapper Coffee, in Singapore. They have brought out two GLITTER COLD BREW drinks!
    They are called " Unicorn Tears (really?!)" & "Gold Brew (better than Unicorn Tears!).
    Supposedly, they are SOC Yirgacheffe from Ethiopia. I guess that they have infused some sort of "glitter" into the cold brew as a marketing gimmick.

So, is this a Good Coffee?. I think NOT.
    Nothing better than something shiny to get your attention. Can you image the buzz going around and someone saying "hey did you see Dapper Coffee has a cold brew with glitter in it", I'll bet they're busting the door down to get some.
    Last edited by Duffyjr; 03-31-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links